Apply for Regional Business Development Lead Recruitment at the British Council today. The British Council, a UK charity governing cultural relations and educational opportunities, is seeking a Regional Business Development Lead to lead the identification, positioning, and pursuit of donor, trusts, foundations, and corporate funding for TVET, Non-formal Education (NFE), and Arts in Sub-Saharan Africa. The role requires a strong background in winning client and partnership contracts exceeding £500k, a demonstrable track record in successful proposal development and management, and the ability to identify opportunities, write technical bids, and speak credibly to donors/clients. The role requires stakeholder engagement, communication, analytical skills, financial literacy, negotiation skills, goal-focusedness, and an eagerness to learn. Interested candidates should apply online and have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in the country of application.
Job Title: Regional Business Development Lead
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 2-year fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on mutual agreement
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
- The Regional Business Development Lead will lead the identification, positioning for and pursuit of donor, trusts, foundations and corporate funding for TVET, Non-formal Education (NFE) and Arts in Sub-Saharan Africa in line with Regional, Country and Business Unit/ Sector priorities.
- The role holder will lead on relationships with key donors and partners in the sectors as well as assess the current market, identify market opportunities / needs and develop position plans in line with the country strategy using marketing insights to develop & deliver audience led BD strategy, priorities & plan.
Role specific knowledge and experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Graduate degree in relevant field or work equivalent experience
- Strong background in winning client and partnership contracts exceeding £500k
- Demonstrable track record in successful proposal development and management
- Ability to identify opportunities, write technical bids for them and speak credibly to donors/clients.
- Financial control or programme management qualifications.
Role Specific Skills:
- Stakeholder Engagement and Communication skills
- Attention to details and processes
- Analytical skills & Financial literacy
- Negotiation skills
- Goal focused
- Eagerness to learn and ability to be flexible.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application.
- The British Council will not facilitate / sponsor visa applications and work permits.