MTN Nigeria is seeking a Manager for ePayment, Information Technology in Ikoyi, Lagos. The role involves providing guidance and support for the development, extension, stability, and performance of digital payment platforms for MTN customers. The goal is to improve revenue from ePayment transactions, increase customer retention, negotiate with aggregators, and prevent payment fraud.
The candidate should have a first degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, Eligible candidates should apply online. MTN is not liable for fraudulent publication of job offers or use of MTN’s name.
Job Title: Manager – ePayment, Information Technology
Job Identification: 2707
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
SEE OTHER ⇒ MTN_JOBS
Job Category: Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager – IT Engineering
Division: Information Technology
- Provide guidance and hands-on support for the building, extension, stability and performance of all digital payment platforms exposed to MTN customers.
- This includes the usability, security and continuity of all such platforms from an engineering perspective.
- Improve revenue from ePayment transactions by ensuring stability and availability of 99.8% or not more than one service interruption per quarter for all ePayment platforms
- Increase customer retention and stickability to the brand by extreme management of payment failures with appropriate notifications to customers and re-processing failed transactions in batches.
- Work with Enterprise to negotiate with aggregators to finalize agreements by providing technical advice and inspecting the platforms of the aggregators.
- Work with banks and security to prevent payment fraud through our payment gateway.
- Understand the focus of future business and support all ePayments activities.
- Understanding of secured and scalable way of building ePayment systems and using ML to automate exception correction.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the department’s objectives and goals, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review individual team members’ performance and complete appraisals in accordance with employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronics, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Certification in payment security, operations or clearing house (PIC DSS, CIPSP, CertPay etc) will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English
- 6 – 13 years experience which includes:
- 5 years of managing development teams.
- 5 years of managing high demand pipeline in Telecom environment.
- 7 years of direct software development experience in integration and writing of APIs. Very familiar with payment systems, and media and virtual Commerce.
- Must have hands-on experience with Blockchain and NFT technologies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- MTN Nigeria Communications Plc (MTN) does not and will never ask for payment of any kind from applicants in all MTN’s recruitment processes and stages such as job application, CV review, interview, meeting, and final processing of applications.
- MTN is not liable for fraudulent publication of job offers in MTN’s name or for the fraudulent use of MTN’s name in any manner whatsoever.
- For whistle blowing and reporting fraudulent recruitment activities, contact us via MTNN.ForensicServices@mtn.com