Save the Children is seeking an Information Technology Support Officer to fill a full-time position in Nigeria. The role involves providing IT support services to Maiduguri field office staff and visiting staff from other offices. The role involves network management, hardware support, telecommunications management, asset management, incident management, security and backup, power backup, and software management. The ideal candidate should have a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related disciplines, at least 2 years of experience in a similar position, and strong organizational skills. The job requires excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skills. Interested candidates should apply online. The position is part of Save the Children’s humanitarian program, working to save children’s lives and help them fulfill their potential.
Job Title: Information Technology Support Officer
Job Identification: 4198
Employment Type: Full time
Team / Programme: Humanitarian
Post Type: National
Job Category: Information Technology
- Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- To provide IT support services to the Maiduguri field office staff and visiting staff from other field/country office(s), regularly reporting relevant activities to the BAY area IT coordinator.
- S/he will ensure timely resolution of all IT related issues in the Maiduguri office, escalating issues that s/he is not able to resolve to the IT coordinator.
- S/he will provide all needed IT services to and act as a part of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
Key Areas of Accountability
The Information Technology Support officer shall be accountable on the following key areas in Maiduguri field office of Save the Children International program in Nigeria:
- Setup Office IT infrastructure, with support from the IT coordinator
- Manage network in Maiduguri field offices
- Troubleshooting, ensuring an effective network connection and maintaining the entire local area network installed at the Maiduguri field office
- Install, troubleshooting and maintain networked devices e.g., printers, scanners, etc.
- Maintain record of the local network, VPN connection and the wide area network installed and terminated in Maiduguri field office
- In consultation with the IT Coordinator, ensure that staff visiting from other field offices/country offices, ERPs and consultants have the necessary IT assistance to enable them carry out their official assignments during their stay
- Configure and install systems and set up new users.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance/checks and troubleshoot problems with assigned field offices. Ensure all IT hardware equipment and computer accessories/peripherals are maintained effectively
- Ensure all IT issues in Maiduguri field office are resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary
- Ensure the Maiduguri field office has a functioning voice network (IP PBX). All devices are functioning and the service is cost effective
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
In collaboration with the assets team and the IT coordinator:
- Ensure good asset management at the Maiduguri field office through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system, in close collaboration with the Logistics and Administrative support teams
- Responsible to make sure that all assets (IT and office equipment) are correctly used
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposals of IT equipment
- Providing first level support to Maiduguri field office
- Communicating any service disruptions to users, opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out any other tasks required by the IT coordinator.
Security and Backup:
- Keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure, and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security and major violations of organizational standards to the IT coordinator
- Ensure proper backup of all staff information, files, and folders.
- Monitor installation of independent power backup system (solar), for communications equipment in Maiduguri field office
- Supervise regular maintenance of independent power backup system (solar), for communications equipment in Maiduguri field office
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of power apps/SharePoint
- Working knowledge of programming and software development.
- Level of Education – Degree in Computer science, Computer engineering or related disciplines – IT certifications included
- At least 2 years working in a similar position.
- Proven knowledge of hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network
- Solid background maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows server 2008.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, and Window 11, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2023 (03:23 PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online