Ericsson, a leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services, is seeking a Front Office Packet Core Engineer in Lagos, Nigeria. The role involves monitoring and reacting to faults affecting the availability and performance of a customer’s Packet core network, ensuring effective handling and resolution.
The candidate will be responsible for 24/7 monitoring and detection of faults within agreed customer KPIs and SLAs, conducting technical investigations, and prioritizing incidents based on impact to customers, service, or network. The candidate should have basic knowledge of MS Excel, respond to subscriber queries, ensure incidents are ticketed, and issue packet core faults to resolving units.
Job Title: Front Office Packet Core Engineer
Job ID: 735967
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
SEE OTHER ⇒ ERICSSON JOBS
About this Opportunity
- The primary function of this role is to monitor and react to faults affecting the availability and performance of the customer’s Packet core network, ensuring effective handling and resolution of any fault either within the 1st line organization or through the engagement of support and 3rd party agencies.
What you will do:
- Accountable for 24/7 monitoring and detection of faults on the packet core nodes (MME/MPG/DNS/SAPC) within the agreed customer KPI’s and SLA’s, carrying out an appropriate investigation at the technical level to either resolve the fault from within the 1st line organization or identify the actual or potential root.
- Accountable for ensuring correct prioritization of incidents based on impact to customer, service, or network and where necessary providing clear unambiguous information to the relevant groups and individuals within the Front Office on progress and status of the investigation.
- The candidate should have basic knowledge of MS Excel as a tool for the generation of performance reports on packet core nodes in a timely and organized manner.
- Respond to Subscribers queries/Requests discretely.
- Ensure all incidents are ticketed following the ITIL process of trouble ticket management.
- Issue of all packet core faults to resolving units (Internal/External) according to laid down processes and procedures.
You will bring:
- B.Sc / HND or equivalent experience within Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Packet Core Nodes like SGSN-MME, GGSN, PCRF, SGW/PGW
- Understanding of dimensioning guidelines for Packet Core Nodes
- GPRS, WCDMA, LTE Media and Signaling Interfaces (including 3GPP and non 3GPP)
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies (call flow), related protocols and telecommunication standards like 3GPP.
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- Relevant certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MTA, MCSA etc is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online