TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company that produces and supplies energy in various forms, including oil, biofuels, natural gas, green gas, renewables, and electricity. With over 100,000 employees, TotalEnergies focuses on sustainable development and aims to make energy more affordable, clean, reliable, and accessible to as many people as possible.
The company is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager position in Nigeria, focusing on strategy and economic business. The role involves identifying projects, implementing economic models, working effectively within the TotalEnergies network, and coordinating with affiliate teams.
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Nigeria)
Location: Abuja – PTDF TWR
Job Type: Full Time
SEE OTHER ⇒TOTALENERGIES_JOBS
The main activities are:
- Identify projects by implementing indirect sales and marketing processes – networks of EPC partners, developers – and direct via the group’s B2B portfolio in Nigeria to conclude exclusivity agreements and establish long term relationships.
- Identification of commercial & industrial prospects likely to enter in a PPA Agreement
- Implement the economic model of TotalEnergies Solar Distributed Generation, build, finance and then operate the assets
- Work effectively within the TotalEnergies network and TotalEnergies affiliates within country teams, regulatory bodies, corporate clients and corporate groups, financing institutions
- Coordinate with the other affiliate teams our multi energy offering and strategy
- Realization of commercial proposals (non-binding and binding offers) creating value for our clients
- Management of key accounts and local partners
- Ensure the profitability of the projects presented to the investment committees and in their execution
- Ensure that the activities in Nigeria are compliant with TRDG HSE standards
- Ensure good knowledge of the legal and operational context necessary to operate in Nigeria (legal, fiscal, regulatory) and ensure the implementation and compliance of Group processes (tax, compliance, HR, legal, etc.)
- Contribute to Credit management: cash collection from customers.
- Contribute to preparing the N+1 budget and participate in the PLT in its area
- Ensure the monthly reporting of activities and prepare the investment dossiers
- Hire the right people; managerial capacity to keep them in the organization.
- Manage regulatory processes, financing, commercial activity and associated business partners, stakeholder coordination, construction and performance of solar power plants, with a permanent concern for HSE objectives.
- Reporting the trends and tendency of the area to the head office in order to adapt the strategy
- Responsible for building and maintaining tools to industrialize our offer & process
- Follow-up and monitoring of business evolutions potentially impacting the development of DG business.
- Master of Science, Engineering, Letter or Business. A MBA is a plus.
- Previous management of a business unit or a Total affiliate, ideally within Total Solar DG. Building a P&L, Structuring pricing proposals
- Strong leadership skills. Able to recruit, set up, manage, direct and motivate a team of diverse skilled resources. Able to bond into an high performance team.
- Proven ability to operate effectively with autonomy.
- Experience in solar and in signing PPA agreements, management of tendering processes, construction site management and asset O&M
- Knowledge of the local market and strong interpersonal skills will be needed to engage local stakeholders
- Precision and zero compromise / tolerance approach to HSE. Technical excellence must be proven
- Commercial skills ability to negotiate contracts with all levels of counterparty business.
- Experiences in different cultural environments
- 10 – 15 years of experience positioning sophisticated solutions and cost-benefit analyses
- Working languages: English, French is a nice to have.
Context & Environment
- The competitive environment: The business operates in a very competitive environment with both local and international competitors.
- The regulatory environment: Each region in the country being managed has different regulatory framework and context for which the business must operate. Regulation for self-consumption is constantly evolving and the business is required on a regular basis to adapt its business model (battery storage, bi facial technology, trackers…)
- The HSE environment: to ensure that the highest standards of HSE are implemented to meet Group standards. This can often involve implementing additional processes beyond what is market standard in the region of operation.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online