The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Youth Competitions Officer
Location: Cairo, Egypt (CAF Headquarters)
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards?
- CAF is looking to recruit a Youth Competitions Officer.
- Application of the competitions’ management policies and competitions’ regulations.
- Communications with the national associations and zonal unions in relation to youth competitions organization.
- Assist the Youth Senior Manager in all aspects of the Youth Competitions.
- Taking part of “inspection visits” of host countries when required.
- Support in the drawing of lots of youth competitions.
- Assist in planning the match schedule, match operations, Match-day -1 activities, Match Day, and post rounds.
- Assist in Creating report updates for Director and/or Management as well as circular letters.
- Assist in the preparations of post event de-briefing.
- Follow up on the zonal tournaments qualifying to final tournament.
- Being part of missions to other countries during youth final tournaments and competitions events when required.
- Ensuring that overall General Coordinators administration requirements are met.
- Assist in the workshops’ organization as well as developing tools for competition management.
- Assist in organizing Committee meetings, inter-division, inter-department coordination meetings.
- Reviewing regulations and ensuring content alignment.
- Assisting in other competitions department’s collaborations when needed.
- Follow up on the Competitions software (CMS management).
- Assist in the formation and training of match officials.
- Bachelor Degree or Master / Certificate or Diploma in Sports managenent Event managenemt certificate will be an addition.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in football event management / or other sports event management of competitions or related matters
- Excellent understanding of Competition Management related areas such as match operations, tournament / event management, teams & official’s communication, and the resulting relationships.
- Passion for delivering professional football events.
- Project management as well as motivational leadership skills.
- Ability to handle ever changing and dynamic situations in a multicultural environment while maintaining high energy levels and positive spirit. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable team player.
- Fluent in English and French languages both written and spoken is a must; command of Arabic and/or Portuguese is an asset.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Taking initiative.
- Decision making ability.
- Good IT skills – Ability to use all CAF online tools.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization. Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension scheme.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.