Miva Open University is a Pan-African e-Learning university that aims to provide top-tier tertiary education services through high-quality content and immersive practical experiences. The university is seeking a University Course Developer for Biology and Chemistry courses in Nigeria. The role involves developing course curricula, content, materials, and assessments, collaborating with experts, using instructional design principles, aligning content with industry standards, and creating video lessons. The course covers General Biology I, General Biology Practical I, Introduction Physiology and Blood, General Chemistry I, and General Practical Chemistry I.
Job Title: University Course Developer (Biology and Chemistry)
As a University Course Developer, you will be responsible for developing a course for Miva Open University. Your specific roles will include:
- Develop, design and create course curricula, content, materials, and assessments for online learning.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and instructional designers to identify course goals and objectives.
- Utilize instructional design principles and adult learning theories to create and deliver engaging and effective course content.
- Ensure course content is aligned with industry standards and accreditation requirements.
- Curate scripts and slides for video lessons covering a full semester’s work.
- Curate assessment items consisting of quizzes and discussions for self-reflection and tutor grading.
- Biology and Chemistry courses include:
- General Biology I
- General Biology Practical I
- Introductory Physiology and Blood
- General Chemistry I
- General Practical Chemistry I
- You will be required to take on one of these courses. We will provide you with frameworks from the (Nigerian) National Universities Commission. At the heart of this is your creativity with delivery, bringing in impactful anecdotes and case studies that keep students engaged with contemporary content.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Tertiary Course Developer, Course of Interest” as the subject of the mail.