SPIE Oil & Gas Services, part of the SPIE Group, offers services to major oil and gas companies in 25 countries. With a turnover of over doubled in recent years, the company is seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
The job title is Torquer – M/F, with a fixed-term contract for 6 months. The role involves tensioning and torquing, identifying defects, correct assembly, and tightening techniques. Experience in oil and gas, shutdown projects, and torqueing/boling coordination is required.
Job Title: Torquer – M/F
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Fixed-term-contract
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Tensioning and torquing.
- Recognize and rectify the faults with torque or tensioning equipment.
- Identify defects, distortion and surface irregularities on flange sealing faces and threads.
- Correct selection and assembly joint components.
- Selection and correct installation of hydraulic torque or tensioning equipment.
- Correct application of various tightening techniques.
- Carrying out specified tightening sequence and subsequent tightening passes to ensure axial alignment and squareness of the joint assembly.
- Carrying out joint breakout safely and correctly.
- Carrying bolt ‘break loose’ tests (check passes) to check the integrity of the assembled tensioned assembly.
- Extensive experience in Oil & Gas
- Extensive experience in shutdown project is mandatory
- Extensive experience working as a Torqueing/Bolting Coordinator
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online