Unilever is seeking a Site Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Facilitator to support the site SHE Coordinator in implementing systems to reduce occupational health and safety risks. The role involves compiling and revising standards and procedures, maintaining a database of standard operation procedures, and participating in safety inspections and management of change discussions.
The role also involves interpreting SHE legal requirements, formulating legal appointments, compiling site emergency plans, and ensuring SHE communications boards are up-to-date. The role requires candidates to possess a minimum of First Degrees in Science-related courses, good communication skills, and experience in First Aid, Fire Fighting Procedures, Equipment and Loss Control Certificate. The company values diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life.
Job Title: Site Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Facilitator
Job Code: R-76858
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Supply Chain
Function: Supply Chain / SHE
Work Level: Work Level 1
Reports to: Site SHE Manager / Site SHE Lead
Scope: Site / Factory
- Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world.
- If you are willing to support the site SHE Coordinator to implement systems to reduce Occupational Health and Safety risk by the creation and maintenance of an effective SHE management system to identify and adequately control all significant occupational health, safety and environment risks, ensure compliance with Unilever policy and standards and all applicable regulatory requirements and drive continuous improvement, then this role is for you!
- Compiles and revises standards and procedures relating to SHE to ensure compliance with UL SHE standards.
- Maintains a database of the standard operation procedures and copies of all legislation relating to the SHE matters.
- Maintains a database of remedial actions from accident reports, internal & external audits and safety inspections.
- Manages the site’s central database of all statutory records.
- Participates in safety inspections, HAZOP studies and Management of Change discussions.
- Interprets SHE legal requirements and ensures compliance
- Formulates and prepares legal appointments in terms of the country specific OHS Act and Regulations.
- Is responsible for the compilation of site emergency plans and the training of personnel to exercise these plans.
- Ensures that the SHE Communications boards are kept up to date.
- Compiles and presents relevant SHE Training and Awareness Programs using various tools/media e.g. safety induction
- Reviews and sources course content for safety and health related courses.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of KPI’s related to Annual / Monthly / Quarterly SHE performance review reporting.
- Manages Contractor SHE Compliance and follows up on non-conformances
- Drives the identification of and implementation of preventative measures against SHE (including occupational health) hazards
- Organizes occupational hygiene environmental surveys in accordance with legal requirements
- Conducts internal/departmental SHE audits, reports and action plans.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement in the SHE work area.
Essential, Experiences & Qualifications
- Candidates should possess minimum of First Degrees in Science-related courses
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- 2 – 4 years post-NYSC work experience.
- HSE certification: NEBOSH – added advantage.
- Core understanding of HSE in an international / FMCG industry.
- Sound communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Knowledge and experience in First Aid, Fire Fighting Procedures, Equipment and Loss Control Certificate.
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), e-mail
- Experience in behavioural safety and incident management.
- Line Management
- Regulatory Authorities
- SHE Service Providers.
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviours:
- Passion For High Performance: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- Personal Mastery: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- Consumer Love: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- Purpose & Service: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- Agility: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
- Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
- At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.