APM Terminals, the global terminal operating arm of A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, is seeking a Security Manager for a full-time position in Port Harcourt, Rivers. The role involves operational management of security and crisis management capabilities, ensuring the safety of employees, assets, and operations.
Key responsibilities include implementing and maintaining security risk management programs, responding to security incidents, managing employee travel risks, and acting as a Country level Crisis Management Coordinator.
Job Title: Security Manager
Job Requisition ID: R83784
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full time
- Would you like to be part of a value driven, commercially oriented international environment where we enable global trade every day?
- As the Security Manager, you will be responsible for providing operational management of security and crisis management capability in line with the corporate strategy and relevant requirements specific for the location.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining and optimizing the operation Security Risk Management program.
- Responsible for the Security of APMT employee’s, assets and operations through strong knowledge of the Security Risk Management Methodology and expertise in implementing Physical Security, Supply Chain Security (incl. Loss Prevention) and employee Duty of Care.
- Responsible for responding to, reporting and investigation of security incidents involving APMT employees, assets (including facilities and cargo) and operations.
- Manage APMT employee travel risks and Journey Management Programme in country (country team/visitors)
- Member of the core Country Senior Management Team, advising Managing Director and colleagues on all Security Risks Management aspects.
- Acts as Country level Crisis Management Coordinator to Country Crisis Management Team.
- Manages day-to-day supervisory activities for all internal and outsourced security staff. Conduct security related training of staff and maintain associated records.
- Responsible for monitoring both routine and emergency staff communication channels and systems.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of security experience, either in the public or private sector & at least 3 years at Management level.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of security procedures for journey management residential security, facilities, IT, CCTV and perimeter security.
- Must have a full understanding of preventative security measures, baseline security and Security Management Planning.
- Requires full understanding of local safety laws and regulations
- Requires an understanding of international standards of safe work practices for the industry.
- Must have extensive knowledge in investigative procedures and report-writing
- Requires excellent organizational skills, including planning, directing, and monitoring activities
- Requires good problem-solving skills, with an ability to define the problem, examine solutions, and select the best solution, and this must be done at times immediately under stress
- Requires ability to remain calm, but able to direct others, in times of emergency
- Requires certification in first aid and CPR
- Will and drive to excel together with others
- Alignment with our values
- An international mind-set and inclusive behaviour
- An excellent command of spoken and written English
What we Offer
- You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things.
- We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication, and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
- Living our values means competing in the marketplace in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner.
- Through Constant Care and Humbleness, we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve.
- In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, exciting place to work.
- At APMT, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality, or religious belief.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online