Covenant University is a world-class University with a quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base, we are committed to raising a new generation of leaders. Based on the 2022 Times Higher Education (THE) impact rankings, the University is ranked among the top 600 Universities in the World.
In line with our quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base, we seek to attract research active and experienced Senior Academics in the Professorial and all other Lectureship positions, who are ready to carve a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resource Officer II (Librarian)
SEE OTHER ⇒ COVENAT_UNIVERSITY_ JOBS
- The ideal candidate should have passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academics and the industry.
- We require Resource Officer II (Librarian) in the following areas:
- College of Management and Social Sciences (CMSS)
- College of Engineering (CoE)
- College of Science & Technology (CST)
- College of Leadership and Development Studies (CLDS)
Qualifications and Requirements
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for their respective disciplines and teaching abilities with adequate research experience. The additional requirements are:
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science with skills in information systems and digital library resources.
- Membership of accredited and relevant professional bodies is an advantage.
Remuneration and Other Conditions of Service
- Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to be their best.
- The University offers a globally-competitive and career-fulfilling package that is comparable to international standard.
- Teaching and Research active scholars will attract special packages according to their various ratings.
- There will also be special allowances for priority programme areas.
In addition, the University provides the following conditions of service:
- An encompassing and empowering (physical, moral and spiritual) environment that allows focus and concentration;
- Maintenance of a stable academic calendar
- Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre);
- State-of-the-art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
- Full internet services;
- Sponsorship of International and Local Conferences;
- Research and Development Grants;
- Support for continuous academic and professional development;
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions;
- 24-hour Campus security and intelligence crew;
- 24-hour electricity and water supply; and
- Residential arrangement for both staff and students.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online