Save the Children is seeking a Programme Officer (PRO) to support the CGPP Project Manager in the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of CGPP Project awards for PEI, GHSA, Border work, and COVID-19 interventions in Nigeria. The role involves supporting project management, monitoring and supervision, capacity building, partnership and networking, and safeguarding activities. Key responsibilities include project management, monitoring and supervision, capacity building, partnership and networking, and safeguarding. Interested candidates should apply online.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer (PRO)
Job Identification: 3230
Job type: Full time
Contract Length: Fixed Term
Job Category: Programme Operations
Team/Programme: Programme Operations
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The Program Officer is to support CGPP Project Manager in the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of CGPP Project award for PEI, GHSA, Border work and COVID-19 interventions of the Project in the State.
Other Primary functions includes:
- Support in Project management
- Support in CGPP monitoring and supervision
- Support in CGPP Capacity building plans
- Support in Partnership and networking
Key Area of Responsibilities
- Work under supervision of the Program Manager and in close coordination with other departmental heads to implement the COVID-19 project activities.
- Conduct COVID-19 activities in a timely manner to meet the project’s objective
- Ensure the COVID-19 activities are inclusive and gender integrated
- Carefully document COVID-19 activities and submit timely reports to supervisor
- Ensure the Volunteers (VCMs and Male Peer Educators) conduct referrals and follow up (tracking) for completion.
- Review the CBO and LGAC workplans and ensure key COVID-19 activities are well captured
COVID-19 monitoring and supervision:
- Supervise COVID-19 vaccination at fixed and outreach points
- Monitor Awareness creation activities (motorize campaigns, male peer education sessions, VCM mobilization etc) and provide technical assistance.
- Supervise referral process and ensure the volunteers refers and does follow-up on eligible adults.
- Work with the MEAL Officer to review documentation of COVID-19 activities in the COVID-19 data tools.
- Work with the MEAL Officer to track COVID-19 indicators (process, output, and outcomes)
- Support in training of LGAC team and volunteers on COVID-19 activities and reporting tools
- Mentor the LGACs, VWS, and VCMs on COVID-19 activity implementation, documentation, and reporting.
Partnership and networking:
- Under the leadership of the State Team Lead work closely with Government and Partners on implementation of the SCALES 3.0 strategy.
- Participate in COVID-19 coordination meeting at the State level.
- Attend monthly COVID-19 IP meetings with Donor Agency.
- Support the inclusion of safeguarding activities in DIP based on the identified risks, community requirements, internal requirements and donor requirements.
- Facilitate the completion of project safeguarding risks assessment and mitigation plan.
- Support quarterly reassessment of project safeguarding risks.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Health, Social Sciences or any related field with experience in Public Health Field work
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ working Experience in Immunization, COVID-19, GHSA or Child Health related Project with local NGOs
- Very Familiar with Surveillance & COVID-19 Indicators
- Experience in referral system and work plan development is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hausa (Spoken and Written) – This is a community-based Position
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, Excel and Power Points, etc)
- Ability to work in communities.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Excellent comunicación skills
- Experience in a relatively insecure field-based environment
Experience and Requirements:
- 3 – 5 years of direct experience of working in Immunization, COVID-19 or Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Programme in rural and hard to reach communities
- Working experience in Immunization, Community Surveillance of COVID-19 and Other Priority Zoonotic Diseases (PZDs)
- Experience in working with VCMs, VWS in high-risk Communities to maintain High Community Surveillance for Polio, COVID-19 and PZDs
- Training in Immunization, Surveillance and GHSA activities
- Training on Surveillance & Data Quality of Priority Zoonotic Diseases (PZDs)
- Good understanding of COVID-19 Surveillance Indicators
- Computer literate
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Project Monitoring Management (PMM) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online