Save the Children is seeking a Procurement Officer – Sourcing to ensure quality procurement of goods and services for children in need. The role involves sourcing the right suppliers, managing organizational contracts, achieving best value for money, and ensuring timely renewals and extensions of contracts. The ideal candidate should be able to travel to projects and maintain basic living conditions. The job is available online.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer – Sourcing
Employment Type: Contract
Team / Programme: Supply Chain
Contract Length: Fixed Term
- Level 4: The post holder, given the nature of his/her work, is expected to be an advocate of Children and protect their rights by ensuring that quality items that are not harmful to children are procured at every point in time.
- Must ensure that procurement processes such as construction of works and services and other procurement activities are not compromised.
The Procurement Officer (Sourcing) is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the right suppliers that will supply the right quality of goods and services are sourced and properly onboarded into the SCI ERP system (ProSave)
- Ensure good management of organizational contracts and setting up of Framework agreements for goods and services for programs needed to deliver outstanding results for children.
- Ensuring the best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent procurement processes.
- Ensuring timely renewal/extension of all existing FWAs/contracts before the expiration period.
- Ensuring the management of the FWA tracker for the entire country program.
- Ensuring all Tender processes are initiated through sourcing Projects in Prosave.
- Vendor and contract management to ease the operational buying process.
- Responsible for supplier onboarding and supplier relationships
- Monitor market trends, carry out due diligence checks, and negotiations, and report savings in the form of BAF for the organization.
- Work sometimes as the operational buyer when the need arises.
- Support the Procurement Coordinator – Sourcing in the day-to-day function of the sourcing team.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Sourcing Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post:
- Budget Responsibility
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
- BA / B.Sc in Management; Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS UK) or equivalent experience will be an advantage.
- Master’s Degree in the above fields is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working in procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in-depth experience in managing procurement processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing procurement processes, driving contract compliance and embedding buying best practice.
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Knowledge of NGO/Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities and simultaneously stick to deadlines, whilst maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Excellent reporting skills, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in spoken and written English;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Desirable: Procurement system experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online