Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Privacy Director
Job ID: 737159
What You Will Do
- Maintain a sound understanding of Ericsson’s business activities and applicable laws/regulations in the Market Area
- Monitor, track and asses the rapidly evolving landscape of privacy relevant laws and regulation, as well as industry approaches to privacy program management
- Provide legal and operational guidance and advice on privacy-related matters for the Market Area and collaborate to assess and implement the privacy compliance program, including providing requirements for new data uses, cross-border data transfers, data subject rights, incident preparedness and response and privacy risk management
- Partner with other inhouse counsels, e.g. to provide privacy support for commercial agreements, including drafting and negotiating privacy-related contract terms
- Ensure that the privacy strategy and policy requirements across Ericsson have been adequately implemented
- Recognize emerging privacy issues and trends and provide advice on topics such as data analytics, cloud, IoT, SaaS, and other technologies
- Coordinate ongoing activities as well as performing internal reviews/assessments to monitor the effectiveness of the program and alignment with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable law, internal policies, and contractual requirements.
- Cooperate with the stakeholders, authorities, other legal entities, and organizational executive officers in any privacy compliance reviews or investigations
- Provide regular updates to management teams and other stakeholders regarding privacy and implementation of the privacy compliance program
- Proactively conduct and ensure appropriate monitoring of privacy trainings and awareness in Market Area; developing a culture of privacy compliance
- Maintain documentation of compliant, timely and practical advice.
- Instruct and manage outside counsel, as necessary
- Role is flexible to based across MMEA.
What will you bring:
- A minimum of 10 years working experience as a business lawyer with substantive privacy and security experience
- Substantial knowledge of privacy regulations, industry standards and best practices, knowledge of the EU General Data Protection Regulation – with a curiosity about data and cyber security
- Good business knowledge/understanding
- Ability to independently handle and manage legal matters and prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and updating privacy and security-related contract terms, notices, and other documentation
- A high level of integrity and strong analytical and communication skills
- A willingness to be a team player who initiates and inspires changes
- Solid understanding and interest in new technologies
- Fluency in English, second language desirable
- Independence, goal-oriented and a systematic way of working
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online