Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc is seeking a Pellet Press Operator to ensure efficient pellet production and smooth operation in Apapa, Lagos. The role involves operating pelleting machines, controlling the steam valve, adjusting the ammeter, and monitoring gauges. The candidate will also participate in troubleshooting and repair of major and minor breakdowns, as well as preventive maintenance and routine maintenance. They will be responsible for reporting daily production records, ensuring daily pellet samples are taken to the laboratory for analysis, and complying with safety, food safety, HACCP, and regulatory policies. The ideal candidate should have effective communication skills, strong logical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills, quality and customer satisfaction consciousness, and strong mechanical aptitude.
Job Title: Pellet Press Operator
Location: Apapa, Lagos
⋙ SEE OTHER JOBS AT FLOUR MILLS
- Carry out efficient production of pellets and ensure the smooth running of the pellet press to meet organizational objectives.
- Operate pelleting machine, controlling the steam valve, adjusting the ammeter of the machine to regulate flow of materials and monitoring gauges.
- Participate in troubleshooting and repair of major and minor breakdown on pellet press machines and components.
- Assist in carrying out planned preventive maintenance and routine maintenance such as greasing, steam line drainage to minimized downtime.
- Responsible for reporting daily production records.
- Ensures daily pellet samples are taken to laboratory for analysis.
- Ensure full compliance to safety, food safety, HACCP and other regulatory policies.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and end of business year stock count and auditing.
- O’ Level certificate (SSCE / WAEC / NECO)
- OND in Science discipline is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience assisting in pellet press operation.
The Person Must:
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong logical, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Quality and customer satisfaction Consciousness.
- Strong mechanical Aptitude.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online