Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nursing Superintendent (CONHESS 07)
Location: Umuahia, Abia
As a Nursing Superintendent, your primary responsibility will be to oversee and manage the nursing staff and operations within a healthcare facility. This can include tasks such as:
- Managing a team of nurses and other support staff to ensure that patient care is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures related to patient care and nursing operations.
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of patient care and making improvements as needed.
- Collaborating with other departments, such as physician services and administration, to ensure that the needs of patients are being met.
- Overseeing budgeting and financial planning for the nursing department.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and standards related to healthcare and nursing practice.
- Participating in the hiring, training, and performance evaluation of nursing staff.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to nursing staff to support their professional development.
- Prospective candidates must possess RN, RM and Post-Basic Nursing qualification in the following specialties: Accident and Emergency, Orthopaedics, Burns and Plastic, Anaesthetic, ENT, Oncology and Paediatrics.
- Candidates must possess current practising license.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit two (2) copies of their Applications with photocopies of their Credentials, detailed Curriculum Vitae, Birth Certificate/Statutory Declaration of Age, Evidence of State of Origin and three (3) confidential reports from three different referees. All applications should be addressed to “The Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, Abia State” and submitted to:
The Office of the Head of Administration,
Federal Medical Centre,
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in the interview.