Apply for Mobile Equipment Manager Recruitment at Lafarge Africa Plc today. Lafarge Africa Plc is seeking a Mobile Equipment Manager to manage the mobile plant section and implement solutions with minimal interruption to production. The role involves planning routine maintenance and major overhauls of mobile plant equipment, ensuring resource availability, and liaising with the production department. The role also involves understanding and complying with HSE policies, supporting key safety initiatives, and ensuring safe working conditions. The candidate will be responsible for executing maintenance work on mobile plant equipment, scheduling, planning, and executing tasks. The role requires good communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, knowledge of safety regulations, and problem-solving abilities. The candidate will also need to be energetic, mature, accurate, and analytical, and have leadership and managerial abilities. The application closing date is not specified, and interested candidates can apply online.
Job Title: Mobile Equipment Manager
Job Identification: 2496
Location: Ewekoro Plant, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- To manage mobile plant section, research history, communicate possible solutions and implement final solution on the mobile plant with limited interruption to plant’s production requirements.
- He is to plan for routine maintenance and major overhaul of mobile plant equipment. Ensure availability of resources and liaise with production department for maintenance of equipment.
- Understand and comply with HSE policies to assume that HSE are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiative at the plant and assist the department as needed to improve HSE performance and results
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures safe working conditions and good safe practices are applied at work.
- Responsible for the execution of maintenance work carried out on mobile plant Equipment.
- Ensures proper scheduling, planning of works, resources and execution.
- Manage his team, defines the missions and objectives of his workforce and carries out their performance reviews, promotes the quality of work and motivates his personnel.
- Ensures the permanent update of the personnel skills and assists to develop and implement a trainning plan to that effect.
- Follow policies (best practices) doctrines in day-to-day work.
- Facilitates good communications and relationships with other departments.
- Conducts and takes part in regular departmental meetings to improve operations.
- Conveys management policies to subordinates
- Communicates results to the management.
- Ensures company working hours and good shift timings are maintained.
- Work in conjunction with Quarry and Production departments to achieve company budget in terms of clinker production and cement grinding and dispatch.
- Quarry Manager
- MPD Planner
- Workshop Supervisor
- Plant Inspector
- Mining Engineer
- Quarry Supervisor
- Plant Mechanics
- Effective and efficient running of quarry operations to achieve the set objectives of the plant in terms of raw material, output and cost.
- Support proximity: support by CTC.
Level of Education
- HND / Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 8 years’ experience in the Cement or similar industry
- Minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience.
- Machine Main System knowledge.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Over 5-15 years’ work experience in heavy mobile plant industry
- Good working knowledge of CAT, VOLVO diesel engines and equipment
- Ability to carry out faulty diagnosis on diesel engines, hydraulic and transmission systems
- Good knowledge of possible diagnostic tool (SIS, ET, Processes, etc.)
- Good knowledge of safety regulations and rules applicable in an industrial area
- Effectively coordinate the activities of Mobile Plant department.
- Energetic and matured.
- High level of integrity
- Accurate and analytical.
Leadership and Managerial abilities:
- Ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Always ensure Health and safe consciousness in subordinates.
- Team leadership
- Sense of organization and delegation
- Good initiative and sense of anticipation and judgment
- Analytical mind and logical approach to problem solving
- Good Decision-making ability
- Ability to influence, develop and/or motivate people to the achievement of jobs objectives.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online