MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Radio Access Performance, Network NG
Job Identification: 3541
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager – Access Performance
- Develop a network performance and quality assurance methodology or framework to monitor and optimize the radio access network.
- Drive adherence to regulatory QoS requirements and ensure network quality audits and assessments.
- To provide network analytics and insights to Network Group functions and other business functions for informed decision-making.
- Prepare Network impact analysis of commercial products and promotions to support our applications to the regulator.
- Participate in contract negotiations to reduce costs and drive the MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Develop, prepare, review, and analyze financial performance indicators for Network Group Capex and Opex.
- Initiate, develop, and champion the execution of innovative solutions to address operational shortfalls.
- Co-ordinate industry research and evaluate business intelligence information to serve as input to NWG’s strategy development and plans.
- Coordinate end-to-end technology solution planning across NWG planning functions to determine dependencies and ensure completeness in solution deployment specifications.
- Network Quality Assurance
- Regularly monitor, track, and report network data inconsistencies and discrepancies.
- Development of Software Tools Identify new software requirements and participate in the specification of all custom software tools, such as:
- NetCM, Aircom Suite, Netcharts,
- CDR Analysis
- CEM tools
- Develop, prepare, review, and analyze operational performance indicators to identify areas in which synergies can be achieved for quality improvement and cost efficiencies.
- Assist with the creation and documentation of assigned plans on behalf of the Chief Technical Officer/Network Group.
- Review, update, and publish the Network Group Organogram.
- Provide analytical, documentation, and project management support on projects and assignments as agreed with the Chief Technical Officer.
- Liaise with line managers to ensure the implementation of approved projects.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets and requirements, and regular review of their training needs.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- B.Sc./B.Engr. in Electrical/Electronics, Communications Engineering, or Telecommunications Engineering
- A Master’s degree in Telecoms, Management, or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English
- 6–13 years’ experience within an RF Planning and Optimization or Network Performance function in the telecommunications environment
- Vast knowledge and experience in Radio Network Optimization
- Experience working on a multivendor and multiband network.
- Experience with Ericsson and Huawei equipment will be desirable.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects.
- Experience in Network Planning and Operations
Application Closing Date
8th November, 2023; 22:59
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online