APM Terminals, the global terminal operating arm of A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, is seeking a Local Maintenance Coordinator for a full-time position in Port Harcourt, Rivers. The role involves monitoring and controlling real-time operations, ensuring compliance with safety protocols, and coordinating with various departments. Key responsibilities include monitoring equipment status, alarms, and system indicators, implementing emergency response plans, analyzing data, providing training, and maintaining accurate records.
Job Title: Local Maintenance Coordinator
Job Requisition ID: R83977
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full time
- Would you like to be part of a value driven, commercially oriented international environment where we enable global trade every day?
- As the Local Maintenance Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the terminal through effective coordination, communication, and incident response.
Monitoring and Control:
- Oversee real-time operations within the terminal control room.
- Monitor equipment status, alarms, and system indicators.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and operational procedures.
- Act as the central point of contact for communication between terminal personnel, management, and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with various departments to optimize terminal efficiency.
- Implement and execute emergency response plans in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Promptly respond to incidents, assess the situation, and coordinate appropriate actions.
- Analyze data from various sources to identify trends, anomalies, and potential issues.
- Generate reports on terminal performance and incidents.
Training and Development:
- Provide training to control room operators on procedures, protocols, and equipment operation.
- Conduct regular drills and exercises to ensure readiness for emergency situations.
- Maintain accurate records of incidents, responses, and equipment status.
- Generate reports for management and regulatory compliance.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of safety protocols, and emergency response procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make informed decisions under pressure.
- Proficiency in using control room software and systems.
What We Offer
- You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things.
- We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values.
- To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication, and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
- Living our values means competing in the marketplace in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner.
- Through Constant Care and Humbleness, we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve.
- In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, exciting place to work.
- At APMT, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality, or religious belief
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online