Apply for Inspection / Condition Monitoring Engineer Recruitment at Lafarge Africa Plc today. Lafarge Africa Plc is seeking an Inspection / Condition Monitoring Engineer for a full-time position at its Ewekoro Plant in Ogun. The role involves planning and performing preventive maintenance activities for mobile equipment to meet manufacturer recommendations, preventing breakdowns and unplanned repairs. The role involves understanding and complying with HSE policies, ensuring safe working conditions, and defining preventive maintenance activities. The candidate will also supervise training staff, maintain discipline, and design processes and controls. The job requires computer literacy, SAP knowledge, RCA methodology, strong communication skills, and strong analytical thinking. The application closing date is not specified, and interested candidates can apply online.
Job Title: Inspection / Condition Monitoring Engineer
Job Identification: 2504
Location: Ewekoro Plant, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- To plan and perform preventive maintenance activities for mobile equipment in order to meet original equipment manufacturers recommendations aiming at the prevention of breakdowns and unplanned repairs.
- Understand and comply with HSE policies to assume that HSE are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiative at the plant and assist the department as needed to improve HSE performance and results
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures safe working conditions and good safe practices are applied at work.
- Identify/define PM activities for mobile equipment to go in line with OEMs recommendations.
- Conduct schedule and supervise PM activities implementation to effectively manage time and resources.
- Inspect and study major problems or findings to report to workshop team for corrective actions.
- Maintain scheduled oil analysis program as an aspect of predictive maintenance.
- Supervise the training staff (classroom & on-the-job) in order to raise technical knowledge and qualification level.
- Follow up and create PM work orders in order to keep records, issue materials, & labor transaction.
- Maintain discipline and work area clean and organized.
- Design appropriate processes for his/her job and ensure controls are operating with reference to Lafarge internal control framework.
- Develop and update documentation of the processes and controls under his/her responsibilities, ensure the procedures comply with the Group policies and procedures and Internal Control Standards
- Define action plan and ensure appropriate follow-up and completion (update procedure, implement a new control and other related activities
- Inform the Internal Control Coordinator about changes in processes on a timely basis.
- Mobile Plant Manager
- Quarry Manager
- MPD Planner
- Workshop Supervisor
- Store Manager
- Mining Engineer
- Quarry Supervisor
- Plant Mechanics
- Effective and efficient running of quarry operations to achieve the set objectives of the plant in terms of raw material, output and cost.
- Support proximity: support by CTC.
Level of Education
- HND / Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical engineering or other related field with at least 3 years’ experience in the Cement or similar industry
- Minimum of 4-5 years post-qualification experience.
- Machine Main System knowledge.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Good knowledge of RCA methodology and facilitating skills.
- Strong spoken & written communication skill.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies:
- Analytical thinking, strong knowledge of mobile equipment operation and maintenance procedures
Leadership and Managerial Competencies:
- Problem solving – Strong analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to handle a range of management, coordination & technical issues.
- Technical decisions related to equipment performance & condition evaluation.
- Propose section needs from tools/equipment, supplies or necessary projects.
- Administrative decisions related to labor and work area management.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online