Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of MMEA MFS PMO
Job ID: 736778
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About this Opportunity
- At Mobile Financial Services we enable financial inclusion – truly using Technology for doing good in society! Our systems are used by hundreds of millions every day for services such as peer to peer transfers, payments, disbursements, loans, savings etc. We use the latest and greatest tech and techniques to guarantee state-of-the-art software with premium quality.
- The Ericsson Wallet Platform is a product which enables our customers to provide mobile financial services. Customers are operators and banks, both of whom have very high expectations on the level of security which our EWP financial solution provides and the way the solution is operated, integrated, and customized. Together we work on a product that improves the lives of millions of daily users in Africa and the Middle East. We build our financial platform to help bring financial freedom to many people around the world.
- Head of MFS Project Management office role is accountable for projects delivery of Mobile Financial Services and in general Fintech portfolio in region of MMEA.
- Responsibility spans across various types of projects such as EWP rollout, major upgrades, capacity extension as well as demand management deliveries.
- Role reports to Head of MFS TEB in MMEA and part of unit leadership team.
What you will do:
- Maintain and develop teams of Program Directors and Project Managers.
- Be accountable for Mobile Financial services PMO department to establish and maintain frameworks for projects and demands delivery, quality assurance and department’s performance metrics.
- Be accountable for Mobile Financial services projects outcome on time, in budget, withing scope and committed quality
- Setup and maintain MFS PMO projects portfolio
- Participate in MFS Cluster forum to support on specific initiatives, providing thought leadership and technology guidance
- Design, and secure the adequate level of competence in the unit to support the business demands. . Plan for team development connected to MA needs. Engage with and endorse strategic learning initiatives.
- Define Performance KPI’s for the resources pool
- Identify & implement best practices, drive improvement programs, participate in external & internal networks. Ensure adherence to global and MMEA MFS processes, methods & tools.
- Work closely with Head of MFS Cluster, Head of MFS COE on governance and resolving project and resource issues
- Manage and balance resources, cost, and competence (pyramids) based on business need and recruitment of resources ensuring diversity.
- Adjust ways of working to local customs with consideration to Code of Conduct and local OHS and safety regulations
- Ensure compliance and ethics and exhibit exemplary role-model leadership behaviors
- Stimulate lead generation of support sales activities and maintain MFS sales funnel
- Support customer escalation in line with matrix defined at function level, act as 2nd level of support for MMEA escalation
You will bring:
- 10-15 years of experience within ICT or FinTech industries in leadership positions
- Experience in complex financial/banking or IT systems Service Delivery. 7+ Years
- Good at handling resource planning and competence development
- Result oriented with customer first attitude
- Ability to lead multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, empowering and creating synergies
- Can handle stressful and ambiguous situations
- Strong delivery capabilities
- People and Organizational leadership experience
- Senior experience in program, and Project Management
- Adaptable and capable of handling and inspiring change management
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent interpersonal communications and network skills
- Very good understanding of Ericsson Business Process, Financial and Delivery
- Strong business, operation and financial acumen
- Ability to work across a variety of different delivery unit types (complexity, maturity, scale)
- Developed analytical skills to identify trends, inefficiencies, and value realization opportunities
- Very good understanding of Fintech Process and Global Directive, Ericsson Business Process, Financial and Delivery models
- Program Management skills, preferable PGMP certification, and Risk Management Chapter as per PMI standards
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online