The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guest Management & Protocol Manager
Location: Cairo, Egypt (CAF Headquarters)
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards?
- CAF is looking to recruit a Guest Management & Protocol Manager.
- Report to the Head of Tournament Services and work collaboratively with other departments to deliver high-quality guest experiences.
- Define and implement Guest Management policies and procedures guidelines in alignment with CAF standards.
- Liaise with all relevant CAF departments and external stakeholders to plan and operate Guest Management policy and services.
- Define workforce plans to execute Guest operations for all CAF Tournaments & Events.
- Prepare guest lists and invitation letters and follow up with guests on their attendance confirmation.
- Monitor guests’ requests and bookings in liaison with the CAF Travel & Accommodation department.
- Ensure delivery of service levels for VVIP/VIP guests during all CAF Tournaments & Events.
- Liaise with Local Organizing Committees to optimize CAF Guest Management policy and services.
- Develop a strategy for the implementation of comprehensive Guest Management Software to provide the best end-to-end guest experience.
- Establish and monitor a tracking system for guests’ movements during all CAF Tournaments & Events.
- Generate reports on the activities and work progress regularly.
- Manage day-to-day operations and liaise with all relevant CAF departments and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit post-event reports.
- Evaluate guest satisfaction, identify gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Maintain best practice level by initiating and proposing innovative and state-of-the-art concepts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in guest management / hospitality, with experience in the sports industry as an advantage.
- Client-oriented with a focus on attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a team, learn from others, and share knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible with travel and ability to multitask.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and other modern IT tools.
- Fluent in English and/or French language both written and spoken; command of any other CAF official languages (English, French, Arabic) is a plus.
- Committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.