Dangote Group, a Nigerian business conglomerate, is seeking a Global Trade Officer to establish a framework for seamless transmission of shipping documents from suppliers to inbound logistics. The role involves developing a documentation checklist, managing comprehensive records of shipping documents, and maintaining cordial relationships with suppliers, banks, and stakeholders. Responsibilities include reviewing and vetting draft shipping documents, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with regulations, managing and custody of shipping documents, liaising between procurement, suppliers, and inbound logistics, arranging daily schedules for document collection, and participating in continuous improvement projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Trade Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a passionate Global Trade Officer who will establish a framework for seamless transmission of shipping documents from our various suppliers to inbound logistics towards team, towards ensuring prompt clearing of our cargos with minimal detention time, thereby eliminating or reducing demurrage payment.
- Global Trade Officer will develop a documentation check list and transmission channels to achieve seamless cargo clearance, and prompt payment to vendors when payment documents are negotiated.
- Global Trade Officer will design and manage comprehensive records of all shipping documents up to date and real time.
- Global Trade Officer will create and maintain cordial relationships with suppliers, banks and other stakeholders aimed at resolving issues promptly whenever they arise.
- Review and vet all draft shipping documents initiated by suppliers towards ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensure that shipping documents follow due process of transmission and routed through the appropriate banking system recognized by regulations and other trade conventions in order to avoid documents rejection, redirection etc.
- Management and Custody of Shipping and other related documents.
- To liaise between procurement, suppliers and inbound logistics in order to ensure end to end processing and transmission of shipping documents with minimum errors so as to avoid unnecessary discrepancies.
- Arrange and prepare daily schedule of shipping documents collection from banks.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of shipping documents collection and dispatch.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects when necessary.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain or Logistics
- Minimum of two to three years in Procurement, Logistics, Shipping and Trade Operations in banks
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of Forms “M’ and Letters of Credit as well as basic exchange control regulations.
Skills and Competences:
- Analytical skills
- Presentation and report writing skills.
- Good communication and inter-personal relations skills.
- Meticulous with eyes for details.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain poise under pressure.
- Proficient in and hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online