The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV / AIDS in the country. We are recruiting for the Global Fund Projects, namely the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects in the capacity below:
Job Title: Global Fund Technical Advisor (Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position
Supervisor: Project Director
- The Global Fund Technical Advisor (HPSM) position is to provide technical leadership to coordinate the Global Fund (GF) grant HPSM program in a manner to strengthen the national HPSM program (i.e., enhanced availability of good quality commodities) to support HIV, TB, Malaria and COVID 19 service delivery activities while eliminating program interruptions due to supply issues.
- S/he will provide support (technical, strategic advice and programmatic) towards ensuring efficiency of supply systems (availability of information to inform supply decisions and reduction of expiries), strengthening of appropriate regulatory activities as well supporting the transitioning of logistics and supply chain management to national entities.
- Provide technical and managerial oversight of the Sub-Recipient (SR) and other implementers under the NACA GF grant supporting HPMS strengthening activities
- Support the SR to ensure the successful implementation of the HPM strengthening component of the GF grant to support delivery of ATM and C19 comprehensive prevention, care and treatment services.
- In collaboration with the SR, support grant stakeholder management efforts as it relates to HPMS strengthening activities to support delivery of ATM and C19 comprehensive prevention, care and treatment services
- Ensure that the SR work within project technical strategy, grant agreements, project workplan, project budget, government regulations, relevant policies and procedures and makes accountable decisions concerning work responsibilities.
- Support the SRs in the design and functioning of M&E systems for HPMS.
- Represent the project at the international, national and sub national levels on matters of HPMS strengthening and services.
- Review SR reports to ensure that it provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep Project Director informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with the SRs and NACA PMU to document and publish best practices.
- Ensure adequate reporting data is provided by the SR for compilation of reports for Global Fund, other stakeholders and used by project management to determine project effectiveness and efficiency: coordinate writing of HPMS reports
- Promote collective knowledge management and learning in support of grant policy priorities and programme strategies
- Communicate programme activities, progress and developments to relevant stakeholders
- Provide feedback to PD for use in monitoring implementation
- Collaborate with FMOH, SRs, states and other stakeholders to ensure all equipment procured using grant funds are adequately installed, maintained and are fully operational to support service delivery.
- Respond to all PSM issues emanating from the grant to the GF CT/LFA/GFA as required.
- Support SR in preparation and regular reviews of forecasts and supply plans as well as provision of updates on commodity utilization, stock status of all grant procured health products, inventory management to prevent stock outs, wastages and expiries for commodities procured by the grant to ensure availability and prevent service interruption.
- Work with the procurement team to ensure availability of IDEC and NAFDAC waivers for all imported products
- Work closely with clearing agents to facilitate seamless clearing of inbound products
- Support adequate planning for clearance and storage of expected consignments
- Supervise the activities of the 3PL and ensure that KPIs for distribution are tracked and quarterly reports shared with the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Supply Chain / Logistics; Plus Master’s Degree in Public Health, Supply Chain Management, natural and sciences or other related fields.
- Supply chain certifications (CIPS, APICS, CSCP or similar) an added advantage
- At least 10 years of experience working in the supply chain management space of the national health system of which five (5) years must have been in a senior HPMS/PSM management position.
- Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage and ensuring timely completion of activities in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Experience designing and implementing health products supply chain interventions (Preferably in HIV, TB, Malaria and C-19 programs)
- Experience with national LHMIS system for collecting, analyzing and reporting health commodity data. Familiarity with NHLMIS is required.
- Leadership experience in management of public health commodities pipeline.
- Strong project management, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, result-oriented, highly skilled in writing, planning and strategizing.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.