The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV / AIDS in the country. We are recruiting for the Global Fund Projects, namely the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects in the capacity below:
Job Title: Global Fund Accountant
Employment Type: Contract
Supervisor: Senior Finance Officer
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position.
- The Accountant position is responsible for assisting the Senior Finance Officer with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of NACA and ultimately the Global Fund (GF) or other donor against fraud, loss or misuse.
- S/He is responsible for ensuring that any funds expended in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and Global Fund Guidelines.
- Prepare payment vouchers for activities (advances and retirements) and vendors after ensuring correctness of documents and approvals in a timely and safely manner (to minimize NACA’s risk exposure).
- Properly code all transactions
- Liaise with staff to resolves issues with payment requests (advances, retirements, vendor payments, etc.)
- Prepares daily bank schedule and submit for necessary approvals
- Prepares, manages and maintains advance register and aging analysis
- Manage budget flexibility tracker
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash
- Ensure balances of unused part of advances are refunded and deposited into the NACA GF dedicated bank account
- Support in generating Remita RRR code for cash to be deposited into the bank account
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into NAVISION
- Participate in spot checks of activities and SR reviews
- Maintain accounting files
- Preparation and filing of forms for payments of taxes and social security
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with NACA policies, procedures and GF guidelines.
- Prepare weekly and monthly specialized reports for the Finance Manager to review and submit to Project Director
- Ensure that all transactions are adequately supported by internal approvals and third-party supporting documents such as price quotes, purchase orders, invoices, memos shipping receipts and proof of delivery.
- Ensure audit compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration/Audit
- Master/ICAN or equivalent degree (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CFE, etc.) is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Preferably at least 2 years’ experience working with donor funded projects.
- Ability to use modern accounting software (NAVISION preferred)
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements.
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Excellent experience of Microsoft Packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision work and as part of a diverse team
- Strong supervisory and capacity building skills, experience in managing professional staff is an advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.