The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV / AIDS in the country. We are recruiting for the Global Fund Projects, namely the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects in the capacity below:
Job Title: Global Fund Driver
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position
Supervisor: Project Director
- The Driver position is responsible for providing transport support services to all project staff. This includes driving project vehicles while supporting commuting for project.
- Drivers are also responsible for the care and maintenance of the project vehicles.
- Drive project staff (based on approval from Admin or other authorized officer) to support office finance/admin activities, project activities, and meetings within and outside of Abuja based on approval.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of the vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during assignments.
- Inspect the vehicle daily and prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts, etc. are in good working order.
- Signal any signs of the need for maintenance or other problems with the vehicle to the admin officer.
- Keep the vehicle clean and ready for any trip at all times.
- Keep the vehicle health log updated (car mileage logs to be recorded at the start of each trip and every stop).
- Assure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Assure the safety of all passengers.
- Submit all expense reports related to the vehicle to the admin officer for review and processing in a timely manner.
- A Secondary School Certificate is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of driving experience.
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license.
- Good knowledge of streets in Abuja and other key cities.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices.
- Good driving record.
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style, and good communication skills.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Ability to organize and complete manual and routine tasks as assigned.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.