The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV / AIDS in the country. We are recruiting for the Global Fund Projects, namely the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects in the capacity below:
Job Title: Global Fund Senior Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position
Supervisor: Finance & Admin Manager
- The Senior Finance officer provides support to the Finance & Admin Manager in safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of Global Fund (GF) against fraud, loss or misuse.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring that any funds expended in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and Global Fund Guidelines.
- Understand and articulate the basic tenets of Internal Control and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Global Fund Guidelines to other staff members.
- Develop tools to use to train PR and SR staff in proper financial record keeping procedures and procurement integrity.
- Lead the process of ongoing improvement of financial systems and internal controls at PR and SR levels.
- Implement standard NACA procedures to manage and monitor the financial resources of the project office. This includes: ensuring that all payments comply with NACA rules, regulations and Global Fund Guidelines and are supported by adequate documentation.
- Ensure accurate entry of transactions in accounting system assuring detailed memos, proper budget codes, account codes, activity and budget tracking.
- Create journal entries, ensuring all entries are properly coded, posted to the proper budget lines/codes
- Supports the management of petty cash, assuring all purchases are properly documented and supported, approved and comply with petty cash management policy.
- Working in collaboration with the Finance & Admin Manager to prepare and monitor project budgets, actual expenditures, commitments and obligations.
- Support the finances and admin manager in preparation of disbursement requests, cash needs at PR and SR levels.
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial reports such as bank account reconciliations, cash book, Budget monitoring and variance reports, and 80/20 analysis base reports.
- Prepare financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income and Expenditure Statement, Cash Flow) and other specialized reports for submission to Global Fund or other donor missions or agencies as required.
- Implement internal control for purchase approval, asset use, project resources e.g., consumption of project resources such as petrol, diesel, electricity, water, telephone, office supplies, etc.
- Ensure that all transactions are adequately supported by internal approvals and third-party supporting documents such as price quotes, purchase orders, invoices, memos shipping receipts and proof of delivery.
- Support the FAM in the preparation for external audits, compliance reviews, LFA reviews, OIG audits and any other reviews and audit exercises that may be required
- Ensure that the FAR at PR and SR are updated regularly, all assets are insured timely, management of disposal, service and maintenance plan.
- Train and supervise a proactive team of staff including SRs, providing support and advice as necessary
- Assumes responsibilities of the Finance Manager in his absence as delegated by the Finance and Admin Manager or the Project Coordinator.
- Liaise with Procurement, Legal, technical staff etc. to obtain commitments and outstanding payments and ensure they are paid
- Review all requests (memos) and confirm budget availability
- Review PVs/JVs and pass to FAM for authorization and transmission to GFA
- Support the budget revision, reprogramming process and budget flexibility processes
- Participate in spot checks of activities and SR reviews
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Audit
- ICAN or equivalent degree (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CFE, etc.) is an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 years of practical accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Preferably at least 3 years’ experience working with donor funded projects (preferably Global Fund) at a senior level.
- Ability to use modern accounting software (NAVISION preferred)
- Effectiveness in training and coaching finance and non-finance staff in internal control policies and procedures to ensure highest standards are maintained
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Excellent experience of Microsoft Packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
- Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills, including at least 5 years’ experience in managing teams of professional staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Sound knowledge of the Government of Nigeria structures (NACA) and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to respond effectively to deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ability to work with multi-sectoral teams and produce positive results.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.