The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is seeking a Global Fund Project Director to manage Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects in Abuja. The position requires a 36-month contract, renewable on a yearly basis, and a supervisor. The Director will manage project deliverables, provide technical and managerial oversight, and maintain good working relationships with government institutions, local and international partners, and the Nigeria Country Coordinating Mechanism. Key responsibilities include ensuring project deliverables are met on schedule, managing budgets, managing risks, and promoting a strong corporate culture. The position offers competitive salary, professional development opportunities, and a chance to make a difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Title: Global Fund Project Director
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position
Supervisor: Director General
- The Project Director manages the Global Fund (GF) Projects i.e., Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH), COVID – 19 Response Mechanism and HIV grants.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring project deliverables and results are met on schedule.
- S/he is responsible for providing leadership (technical and managerial) to the GF Projects and the Project management unit to ensure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner and that they are of desired quality; client and stakeholder relationships; finalization and submission of required reports; use project data to conduct quarterly performance management to ensure that grant goals are met and to foster coordination and synergy with other Global Fund projects.
- She/he will maintain good working relationships with the relevant Government institutions and its officials (at all levels as may be appropriate), local and international partners and the Nigeria Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM).
- Provide technical and managerial oversight of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) Global Fund projects i.e., RSSH, C-19RM and HIV grant and Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Recommend project activities and payment for approval to the DG NACA and other NACA units as may be appropriate
- Ensure that SRs/partners implement the project’s Technical Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan and annual project work plans as per contract/agreement requirements and approved budget taking into cognizance the GF requirements/policies and NACA’s policies/procedures/technical frameworks and standards.
- Manage programme budgets and ensuring proper financial management and accountability
- Regularly review and manage program risks by maintaining a risk log with mitigation measures to address the risks.
- Serve as a liaison between the PMU and relevant decision makers at the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), Sub-Recipients, CCM and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of high quality programmatic and financial reports to Director General, the CCM and the Global Fund on schedule, using appropriate templates as applicable, with respect to the grant performance and progress.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including grant agreements, approved work plan and performance framework, Project Implementation Plan (PIP), grant reporting schedules, grant document deadlines, and other information that may be needed.
- Review project reports, the approved work plan and budget
- Research best and emerging grant development and management practices and ensure capacity building of PMU team members in relevant areas.
- Actively participate in local, state, and national grant-related activities and provide technical support.
- Consistently promote a strong corporate culture, quality and high-performance work teams.
- Make presentation on behalf of the project in various fora, international, national and sub national levels
- Responsible for the onboarding and orientation of all new members of staff supporting the PMU as well as the federal government staff supporting the implementation of the grant.
Education and Experience
- Master’s of Public Health (MPH), MBBS or Master’s level Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working in development field and program implementation, preferably public health
- Experience managing large international donor funded projects (preferably Global Fund HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and/or malaria programs) in Health system strengthening programs on supply chain, monitoring and evaluation, health management information system, laboratory services and Federal- and State-level programs is an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of the Global Fund and its operational principles, guidelines and grant management architecture
- In-depth understanding of NACA, FMOH’s departments, other relevant National Health Systems/Institutions and their functions/mandates
- Proven capability to collaborate and efficiently work with multiple partners, Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies at both federal and state level respectively and in a complex environment to achieve results
- A proven approach to capacity building, professional networking and working in partnership with other implementers and host country government
- Good analytical and presentation skills, in English
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented, focused, highly skilled in writing, planning and strategizing
- Proficient with computer skills.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.