The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV / AIDS in the country. We are recruiting for the Global Fund Projects, namely the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects in the capacity below:
Job Title: Global Fund Procurement Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position
Supervisor: Head of NACA Procurement Unit
- The Procurement Officer is responsible for overseeing grant procurement activities and ensuring compliance with procurement processes, procedures, planning, and workflow in alignment with grant agreements, NACA/GON procedures, and donor standards.
- Coordinate with NACA procurement unit and stakeholders on all procurement activities related to Global Fund grants for timely implementation.
- Lead the development and updating of grant procurement plans.
- Provide technical guidance and support to technical teams on activities requiring procurement support.
- Collaborate with user departments to finalize specifications, bid documents, and terms of reference, ensuring accuracy and compliance with quality standards.
- Advertise RFQ/P based on rules and regulations, and process quotes transparently.
- Appoint evaluation teams, oversee evaluation processes, and ensure accurate documentation.
- Facilitate negotiation meetings as needed.
- Ensure procured health products meet international and national standards.
- Monitor supplier performance regarding the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Initiate payment for vendors after goods and services approval.
- Support market surveys, vendor assessments, and pre-qualification of vendors.
- Provide inputs for IDEC and waiver preparation.
- Monitor and track ongoing procurements to meet timelines.
- Maintain procurement files and relevant documentation.
- Produce weekly reports on active procurements for review.
- Support the completion of required Global Fund reports on procurement.
- Oversee receiving, dispatch, storage, and inventory procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Procurement, Management, Business, or related area.
- Seven years of procurement experience in government or donor-funded projects.
- Procurement certifications (CIPS or similar) are an advantage.
- Proven track record in managing major procurement activities.
- Experience with Global Fund funded procurement is highly desired.
- Experience in customs clearing procedures and waiver application.
- Experience engaging third-party logistics providers and managing their performance.
- Strong computer skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-driven, solution-oriented, with a focus on quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting deadlines.
- Personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and client-oriented.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.