The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV / AIDS in the country. We are recruiting for the Global Fund Projects, namely the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects in the capacity below:
Job Title: Global Fund Finance and Administrative Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position
Supervisor: Project Director
- The Finance and Manager position is responsible for safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of Global Fund (GF) against fraud, loss or misuse.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring that funds are expended in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and Global Fund Guidelines.
- Understand and articulate the basic tenets of Internal Control and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Global Fund Guidelines to other staff members.
- Responsible for the management and providing direction to the Finance and admin officers by preparing individual and departmental targets which are aligned to the PMU mandate during the period of implementation.
- Develop tools to use to train PR and SR staff in proper financial record keeping procedures and procurement integrity.
- Ensure that funds required for processing payments are readily available by supervising the preparation of cash forecasts in liaison with the program and procurements and sending timely funds disbursement requests to the donor.
- Lead the process of ongoing improvement of financial systems and internal controls at PR and SR levels by developing financial manuals and SoP for the SRs and aligning the policies to the requirements of the Global Fund and the Federal government of Nigeria guidelines.
- Implement standard NACA procedures to manage and monitor the financial resources of the project office. This includes: ensuring that all payments comply with NACA rules, regulations and Global Fund Guidelines and are supported by adequate documentation.
- Ensure accurate entry of transactions in accounting system assuring detailed memos, proper budget codes, account codes, activity and budget tracking. In addition, perform month end closures in the financial management system in line with PR finance procedures guideline.
- Working in close collaboration with the Project Director and the Technical staff to prepare and monitor project budgets, actual expenditures, commitments and obligations.
- Represent the project at the international, national and sub national levels on financial matters
- Lead in the preparation for external audits, compliance reviews, LFA reviews, OIG audits and any other reviews and audit exercises that may be required
- Ensures that the FAR is updated regularly, all assets are insured timely, management of disposal, service and maintenance plan.
- Ensure that SR quarterly/monthly spot checks, reconciliations, and retirements are carried out and ensure implementation of follow-on actions are documented.
- Coordinate the budget revision/reprogramming process
- Lead in the preparations of financial reports such as PU/DR, Annual Financial Report, Pulse Check, Quarterly Financial Reports and any reports required by Management and the Global Fund
- Finalize and submit various financial documents such as (i) estimates for upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures as appropriate, (ii) reconciled bank accounts and field expenses, (iii) budget monitoring and variance analysis, (iv) 80/20 analysis base report within the stipulated timelines
- Establish internal control systems for purchase approval and asset use that ensure adequate controls are in place.
- Ensure that all transactions are adequately supported by internal approvals and third-party supporting documents such as price quotes, purchase orders, invoices, memos shipping receipts and proof of delivery.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Audit
- ICAN or equivalent degree (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CFE, etc.,)
- A minimum of 10 years practical accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Preferably at least 5 years’ experience working with donor funded projects (preferably Global Fund) at a senior level.
- Ability to use modern accounting software (NAVISION preferred)
- Ability to train and coach finance and non-finance staff in internal control policies and procedures to ensure highest standards are maintained
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Excellent experience of Microsoft packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to build a proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
- Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills, including at least 5 years’ experience in managing teams of professional staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Sound knowledge of the Government of Nigeria structures (NACA) and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to respond effectively to deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements.
- Ability to work with multi-sectoral teams and produce positive results.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.