The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is seeking a Global Fund Admin Officer to work on the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects. The position is a contract-based contract with a 36-month duration, renewable on a yearly basis. The Admin Officer will oversee administrative activities, including employee relations, enforcing Project Management Unit (PMU) regulations, and maintaining high-level record keeping. Key responsibilities include overseeing centralized office operations, organizing learning opportunities, maintaining inventory, managing office space, reporting security incidents, supervising office administrative personnel, managing travel arrangements, updating staff records, processing leave requests, managing processes related to staff recruitment, disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination, and disbursing petty cash.
Job Title: Global Fund Admin Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 36 months but renewable on a yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding for the position
Supervisor: Project Finance and Admin Director
- The Admin Officer position is responsible for a variety of administration activities, including employee relations and orientation, enforcing Project Management Unit (PMU) regulations and high-level record keeping to support the achievement of organizational and country goals and objectives through the development, implementation, and management of administrative activities.
- Oversee centralized office/admin operations and procedures for the PMU.
- Organize learning and development opportunities for staff to achieve program goals.
- Maintain effective internal controls for inventory and store while ensuring the availability of required office supplies.
- Manage the organization’s office space, including ensuring physical safety.
- Regularly report on security-related incidents encountered by project staff during official business, and on the security situation overall in Abuja and elsewhere; and advise on needed protective actions as appropriate.
- Supervise office administrative personnel, including but not limited to project drivers, office cleaners, and corners.
- Ensure that office premises are maintained in a clean and sanitary condition and that kitchen & bathroom fixtures, air conditioning units, water dispensers, and other office equipment are maintained in good condition and repaired/replaced promptly when necessary.
- Manage local travel arrangements for visiting consultants and staff (where required) and provide all visitors with an up-to-date information packet and workspace within the office when required.
- Update, maintain, and safeguard staff records in an organized manner.
- Process annual leave requests.
- Document and track the movement of files and memos between PMU and NACA and GFA.
- Respond to employee-related queries and provide answers to all administrative-related inquiries and requests.
- Manage processes related to staff recruitment (including onboarding of new staff), disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Disburse petty cash to maintain office operations.
- Provide periodic updates to staff on the staff Human Resource manual.
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list for staff, including mobile telephone lines, official and alternate email addresses, residence, and their next of kin.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, HRM, or related humanities degrees.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in administrative and HR functions.
- Preferably at least 3 years experience working with donor-funded projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and provide support and advice as necessary.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and explain the official NACA PMU framework.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of colleagues; experience in conflict resolution is helpful.
- Competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
Benefits of Working for RSSH/C19RM Project
This position offers a number of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.