Apply for Field Operator / Control Room Operator (CRO) – Field Operations Support Services (Tunu Node) Recruitment at Vagan Oil & Gas Limited today. Vagan Oil and Gas Limited is a Nigerian Private Limited Liability Company that provides a range of services including engineering, pipeline and flowline construction, facility piping and maintenance, wellhead and Christmas tree maintenance, composite wrap technology, and equipment and offshore/marine supplies. The company is seeking a Field Operator/Control Room Operator (CRO) for Field Operations Support Services (Tunu Node) in Bayelsa. The role involves operating flow stations, gas stations, and associated assets safely and efficiently, managing day-to-day production operations, and managing safety and environmental issues. The role involves starting up wells and facilities, performing basic troubleshooting, and preparing equipment for maintenance. The candidate will also be responsible for preparing equipment for maintenance, participating in monthly HSSE-SP meetings, and maximizing the use of DCS to safely operate the process plant.
Job Title: Field Operator / Control Room Operator (CRO) – Field Operations Support Services (Tunu Node)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operator of flow station, gas stations and associated assets in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with stipulated guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day production operations field activities and manage safety and environmental issues.
- Monitor, control and record production rates and performance.
- Start-up wells and facilities (hot and cold start).
- Perform basic troubleshooting on wells and facilities to ensure stability.
- Prepare the wells and facilities/equipment for (re) commencement of production/processing.
- Perform routine well test, bean/choke changeout and sampling of producing wells.
- Measure, validate and report production volumes accurately
- Carryout ad-hoc annulus pressure monitoring of all wells in the production unit.
- Perform periodic well integrity assurance tasks and activities (both well’s flow-wetted and non-flow-wetted components)
- Perform daily first line monitoring of process parameters and variables.
- Gather daily production data, determine the production performance.
- Ensure optimized chemical injection rates are followed as advised.
- Observe local instruments, gauges, and meters to verify conformance to standard operating practice.
- Responsible for preparing equipment for maintenance including isolation, draining, steaming, and other procedures as required.
- Execute routine production and maintenance operations and minor non-routine production and Maintenance activities as directed by his Team Leader
- Responsible for preparation such as plant isolation etc., for day-to-day maintenance work.
- Perform daily check and minor maintenance based on the check list etc.
- Collaborate with the maintenance team on assigned tasks and activities.
- Take requested samples for analyses, take and record field data requested for general monitoring of plant performance
- Participate in monthly HSSE-SP meeting and daily toolbox meeting
- Maximize use of DCS to safely operate process plant.
- Carry out Inlet manifold pressure checks
- Remote line up of process equipment – both Flow station and Booster stations
- Support Collation of production/ flare daily report data from the DCS
- Carry out reset and safe startup operations using the DCS
- Raise UA/UC
- Participate in vessel de-sanding activities.
- Saver pit operation to prevent oil carry over.
- Emergency response to prevent oil spill escalation.
- Receive AGO and chemical into storage, manage accordingly with proper tracking.
- Follow-up and update materials inventory in the store.
- WAEC or Equivalent (Minimum)
Key Skills & Experiences:
- 3 to 8 years hands-on experience in CRO/field production operations in a reputable oil and gas company.
- Ability to work with a multi-discipline production team.
- Basic understanding of Process Flow Diagram.
- Good working knowledge of PTW system, AMS and HSE procedures e.g 9 LSR/IOGP, PSF & 3 Golden Rules
- Not more 60yrs
Skills (added advantage):
- Facility safety enforcement including Risk identification/mitigation, work crew communication and buddy system
- knowledge in safe work practices and use of SOPs, MOPO and IOGs
- Flowstation and Gas plant operations including Well testing, Crude sampling, pressures monitoring, daily FLM, APM, OPS -WIT, Facility start-up, stabilization, monitoring, controlling and shutdown.
- Deep knowledge of wellhead systems (installation/retrieval of modified COM-unit, CCU, completion and testing/troubleshooting of various components and accessories)
- Experience in operations of field Control and safeguarding systems (pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic) including sensors, transmitters, actuators and valves.
- Knowledge in fluid dynamics and mechanics.
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon fluid flow, compression and transfer to export
- Competent to Work in AGG plant within Tunu node fields (OGBOTOBO, TUNU, KANBO, AGBAYA, OPUKUSHI, BENISEDE, SEIBOU, AJATITON, DODO NORTH, AKONO, OPOMOYO)
- Ability to interface with other outstations in TUNU node for export of gas to Tunu CPF/ receive buyback gas/line packing for station use is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of chemical storage and management e.g Phasetreat, Corrosion inhibitors, Biocide, MEG with use of SHOC cards.
- Basic knowledge of gas dehydration system specifically Twister system.
- Ability to use Emerson delta-V DCS to manage monitoring and reporting of abnormal flowline pressures for security team quick intervention to prevent wellhead/flowline vandalization within TUNU node is an added advantage.
- Strong Communication & interpersonal relationship skills
- Proficiency in Onsite risk management.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Tools.
- Warri axis but located in Bayelsa
- The work location is Swamp-field based (Tunu Node) accessible via the Helicopter or Boat.
- The job activity period is daily on 12-hour (7am to 7pm) routine over a 21-day period.
- The successful candidate will manage own absences with his/her contractor for suitable qualified covers.
- There may be need for periodic visits to Shell industrial area for trainings and official assignments.
- Personnel may be required to work extended hours as need may arises.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.