UAC Foods Limited, a leading manufacturer and marketer of nourishing convenience foods, is seeking a Factory Quality Assurance Manager (Snacks) in Lagos, Nigeria. The role involves developing and implementing procedures, processes, and systems to manage snack product quality and safety, meeting customer expectations and reducing internal/external failure costs. The role involves ensuring Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) are developed and monitored production processes, executing training on food safety, establishing conditions for material storage and distribution, and maintaining a safe and hygienic environment. The role also involves coordinating sensory analysis, ensuring quality management is integrated into project management, and conducting regular inspections of distributors’ warehouses. The job requires knowledge of quality control principles, laboratory techniques, food safety, and professional accreditations.
Job Title: Factory Quality Assurance Manager (Snacks)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for the development and implementation of procedures, processes, and systems to manage snack product quality/safety towards meeting and surpassing customer expectations whilst reducing internal/external failure costs from non-conformities.
- Hands-on experience in Quality Management with an emphasis on Snacks in the food manufacturing industry
- Ensures that Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) are developed and monitored production processes in snack factories, for compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Execute relevant training and enlightenment sessions on Food Safety/Good for compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Execute relevant training and enlightenment sessions on Food Safety/Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Establish, conditions/standards/procedures for material storage and distribution to ensure Food Safety for our consumers, guide against the generation of Bad and damaged materials and compliance with statutory/regulatory requirements in all factories, stores/Warehouses, Depots etc.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of standards and systems to maintain a safe and hygienic environment for handling, production and storage of good quality products, satisfying customers’ requirements.
- Ensure that all the raw/packaging materials, petroleum products and other consumables supplied to the plant conform to the company’s approved specifications before receipt.
- Ensure customers/consumers and the business (during handling, distribution and storage) with respect to product quality issues, which will facilitate quick resolution of customers’ complaints.
- Ensure the verification and calibration of equipment in the laboratory, and monitor wastages/variances for reliability, and consistency in product quality.
- Coordinate the sensory analysis of all finished products in the sensory laboratory as well as quarterly benchmarking of products against the competition for continuous product quality improvement purposes to reflect our competitive landscape.
- Ensure that Quality Management is integrated into the entire project management function, the manufacturing and execution processes and includes quality assurance and quality control.
- Ensures that acceptance testing is conducted on newly installed or upgraded production equipment to confirm conformance to specifications agreed upon before the project execution stage.
- Ensures that suitability analysis for raw/packaging materials presented by existing or new vendors meets QA requirements in terms of quality specification.
- Ensures total quality management by organizing quarterly Good Manufacturing Audit of major raw/packaging material suppliers to ensure adherence to acceptable specifications.
- Coordinate the quarterly supplier performance review studies on raw/packaging materials suppliers so as to continuously upscale vendors’ capability.
- Ensure review of existing laboratory test methods with emphasis on-time delivery of results using standards like NIS, Pharmacopoeia, and Codex Alimentarius.
- Establish systems to manage process variability in snacks manufacturing Establish systems to manage process variability in snacks manufacturing systems so as to reduce wastages and product quality inconsistencies.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system in the snacks factory.
- Carry out risk assessments associated with process re-engineering in the snacks factory and propose mitigative measures for process efficiency
- Carry out regular inspections of finished product distributors’ warehouses to ascertain the level of compliance with good product and warehousing practices as well as feel the pulse of the market on product quality.
- Carry out root cause analysis on all customer trade-related complaints and provide corrective/preventive action to maintain market share.
- Create a CAPA tracker that ensures all indicative root causes observed in the process are investigated and closed out
- Reports and carry out any other official job as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager UFL
- Quality Control principles – sampling techniques; statistical quality control, statistical process control; data analysis and reporting; control and use of measurement tools; calibration routines.
- Laboratory techniques; chemical analysis (food and petroleum products) and handling of microbiological samples; and swab techniques;
- Food Safety – hot and cold chain management; food handling and processing (raw food and cooked food); personal hygiene practices
- Appreciation of Good Manufacturing Practices and World Class Standards – e.g. BRC/IOP packaging standards; HACCP; ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 etc.
- Quality Assurance – HACCP and ISO 9001
- Quality Management System standard; Quality Auditing and Audit reporting; Corrective and Preventive Action routines; Procedures documentation.
- Excellent technical skills
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- IT skills
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technologist (NIFST),
- Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (IPAN)
- Association of Industrial Microbiologists of Nigeria (AIMN)
- Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON).
- Food Safety Certification
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ONLY candidates who meet the required criteria will be contacted.