MTN Nigeria is seeking an Engineer for a position in the submarine network support division. The position is part of MTN’s Level 3H and will involve full-time work in Ikoyi, Lagos. The role involves preventive maintenance of terminal station equipment, including SLTE alarm checks, performance monitoring, and PFE calibration. The candidate will also maintain SLDs and RPLs, perform corrective maintenance, and maintain inventory. Interested candidates can apply online.
Job Title: Engineer – Submarine Network Support, Network
Job Identification: 3432
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 3H
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager – Submarine Cable
- Carry out preventive maintenance of terminal station (dry plant) equipment. This include but not limited to:
- SLTE alarm check
- SLTE performance monitoring
- SLTE optical measurement
- PFE alarm check
- PFE voltage/current check
- PFE calibration
- SN (submarine NMS) backup
- Wet plant monitoring (repeater and branching unit)
- Maintain the SLDs (Straight Line Diagrams) and RPLs (Route Position List), ensuring that they are updated after every major cable repair.
- Perform corrective maintenance on terminal station equipment in coordination with the NOC. This includes but not limited to:
- Make observations
- Initiate corrective procedures or decide on course of action
- Record all relevant observation and results
- Rectify faults or notify responsible section
- Perform first line equipment repair or notify responsible authority
- Implement dispatch procedure for faulty equipment
- Confirm repair
- Compile report on any failure event
- Maintain and update system maintenance documents
- Implement WOs (Work Orders) for new circuits in conjunction with the NOC.
- Test new circuits in conjunction with other stations and local terrestrial network O&M staff.
- Inventory management. The management of installed and spare inventory.
- Monitor the routine maintenance activities of suppliers and act as RHE for them in case of emergency and recommend changes to agreed methods and procedures based on observation and data.
- Implement and maintain all interconnectivity on customer access pre-cabled and On-demand ODFs based on WOs for MTN and other submarine cable parties.
- Provide first line maintenance on MTN terrestrial backhaul network equipment at the landing station.
- A First Degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
- Minimum of two years work experience in Telecommunication industry, with specific experience using multiplexers microwave, satellite and fiber optic transmission equipment.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online