Apply for Electrical Support / Technician – Tunu Recruitment at Vagan Oil & Gas Limited today. Vagan Oil and Gas Limited is a Nigerian Private Limited Liability Company that provides a range of services including engineering, pipeline and flowline construction, facility piping and maintenance, wellhead and Christmas tree maintenance, composite wrap technology, and equipment and offshore/marine supplies. The company is recruiting for an Electrical Support/ Technician position in Tunu, located in Bayelsa. The role involves interpreting equipment instruction and maintenance manuals, operating and maintaining power turbines, onshore sited CAT generators, overhead transmission lines, and installing and repairing HV and LV circuits/equipment. The position requires the use of diagnostic tools, asset integrity assurance, PM/CM inspections, work preparations, daily proactive monitoring of rotating and safety & production critical equipment, isolation/de-isolation of electrical equipment.
Job Title: Electrical Support / Technician – Tunu
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Electrical Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Interpretation of equipment instruction and maintenance manuals, schematic drawings and diagnosis.
- Operation and maintenance of power turbines
- Operation and maintenance of onshore sited CAT generators
- Operation and maintenance of overhead transmission lines
- Installation and repair of HV & LV circuits/equipment.
- Use of diagnostic tools and Electrical hand tools for testing and fault tracing in Hazardous Areas.
- Asset Integrity assurance, PM/CM inspections and close-out on SAP.
- Work preparations and material staging for work executions.
- Daily proactive monitoring of rotating and safety & production critical equipment.
- Isolation/De-isolation of electrical equipment for Electrical/non-electrical activities.
- Job Risk Assessments / Permit to Work preparation.
- Identifying critical spares and follow-up ordering and delivery.
- Switching in power distribution systems.
- Promotes site safety and continuous hazard identification, mitigation, and close-out.
- Work closely with service Contractor(s) for safe delivery of vendor-based maintenance jobs.
- Other assignments for continuous improvements (AMS process application: RCAs, MTO, MEC etc.) as exigent.
- Minimum of WAEC qualification
- Experience in SPDC gas plant and flow station operations (Preferably Tunu CPF) is a strong prerequisite.
- Participation in the commissioning of the TUNU CPF is also a strong advantage.
- <60 years.
- Female / Male
- Operation & maintenance of high voltage power generation systems and equipment including Solar Taurus 60,Centaur 40 and Mars 100 turbines with specific competence in the troubleshooting of turbotronic control systems; troubleshooting of variable frequency drives, DAC start systems & fuel ignition systems and troubleshooting of high-capacity Brush alternator, Power Management systems. etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, install and configure MControls, MLinks in ABB MNSIS switchgear.
- Skilled in operation and maintenance of ABB MNSIS switchgear including Mstarts, MViews, RED615 and REF 615 relays.
- Skilled in operation and maintenance of Schneider electric 11KV switchgear including MICOM 141, 143, 242,343 relays.
- Ability to troubleshoot fused-contactor & circuit breaker types of isolators and protection relay faults in high voltage switchgear. Experience in protection relay testing & fault simulation.
- Ability to operate and maintain PLC-based load management systems with master-slave connections to other remote LMS stations.
- Operation and maintenance of LV power Generation and distribution systems (Experience in the following generators: CAT G3512, G3516, D3512, D3516).
- Experience in Electric Motors and Controls systems maintenance (including high voltage & mega-watt motors with lube oil-based cooling systems)
- Experience in operation & maintenance of high-voltage transformers with Verifiable Certification from NAPTIN
- Experience in Atlas Copco SF11 systems and mobile compressor maintenance.
- Experience in Cathodic protection Transformer Rectifier maintenance.
- Experience in Lightning and Earthing system inspections with specific competence in earth pit loop requirements.
- Experienced in HV switching operations with requisite certifications e.g. Shell SAEP certification
- Ability to carry out high-level integrity jointing of High Voltage underground cables in challenging environments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in Electrical Equipment and systems maintenance, troubleshooting and fault analysis.
Soft Skills (Added advantage):
- Computer literate (Competent user of Microsoft Office and ability to liaise with programs)
- Knowledge and use of SAP tool especially for maintenance work planning
- Proficiency in the use of Universal Tag Tool (UTL)
- Experience in the collaborative use of electronic permit-to-work systems & high-voltage and low-voltage electrical certificates
- Knowledge of worksite hazard management
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Good Communication skills & a team player
- Ability to work with other professionals to carry out RCAs & AARs
- A demonstrable high level of safety consciousness
- Ability to work under pressure with resilience
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Self-Motivated and performs under minimal supervision.
- Warri axis but located in Bayelsa
Work Cycle and Conditions:
- Successful candidate will hit the ground running working on a mix of equipment.
- The work location is Swamp/field-based Delta /Bayelsa state) accessible via Helicopter.
- The job activity period is daily on 12-hour (6am to 6pm) routine over a 21-day period.
- There is a standard 3weeks on and 3weeks off schedule .
- The successful candidate will manage own absences with his/her contractor for suitable qualified covers.
- There may be need for periodic visits to Shell Industrial Area for trainings and official assignments.
- Personnel may be required to work extended hours as need may arise.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.