Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited is one of the largest manufacturing companies in Nigeria, producing and distributing some of the nation’s most- loved beverages in the country like; Pepsi, 7Up, Mirinda, Teem, Mountain Dew, H2oH!, Lipton Ice Tea and Aquafina premium drinking water. SBC has recently entered into Home & Personal Care category with the 2SURE brand and launched its first product, a Hand & Surface Sanitizer. Seven Up boasts of nine bottling plants with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located across various regions in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical / Automation Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the project design of instruments and electronic equipment as well as the implementation of related projects to ensure completion at the desired timeline.
- Responsible for services needed by the plants in terms of the troubleshooting, maintenance and spare parts needed to ensure continuous operation and better performance.
- Ensure writing and maintaining program backups and software for all equipment in the plant.
- Conducts calibration of all electronic instruments such as transducers and maintains all electronic equipment in the company such as electronic bottle inspectors, fill height detectors, COBRIX, and PLCs.
- Lead regular inspections for automation and electrical components of the PET line and ensures line maintenance are carried out by the team as per maintenance plan.
- Develops a list of critical electronic spare parts that will be available to prevent stoppages of the production lines/utility. Plans for timely requisition and acquisition of the needed spare parts, with diligence to keep parts inventory levels to the minimum.
- Effectively communicate to management any critical actions needed to restore the condition of the equipment to 100% reliability.
- Develops and ensures compliance to the maintenance program for all instrumentation and electronics.
- Plan and ensure seamless executions of annual maintenance and cleaning of all electronics components.
- Builds and reinforces relationships with Production, Quality Assurance, Production Planning and relevant government regulatory agencies.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Engineering Degree (B.Eng.) or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- 3 – 5 years relevant hands-on FMCG operation and maintenance experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a beverage bottling company in a managerial capacity.
- Experienced in budgeting and people management
- Knowledge of bottling operations: Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Environment, Engineering, Health and Safety
- Operational planning expertise/experience
- Must Possess CMRP CERTIFICATION or similar
- Engineering certification will be an added advantage.
- Experience in plant manufacturing operations, project planning & implementation.
- Previous new equipment or line installation or extension could be an advantage.
- Understanding of business case/cost benefits analysis preparation and basic financial analysis tools.
- Proven competencies with budgeting procedures and management of costs.
- Good understanding and experience of current WC manufacturing methodologies.
- Good understanding of HQSE modalities and codes.
- Good understanding of GMP and GHK (5S) standards
- Good oral communication, influencing and relationship skills.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.