Jumia, Africa’s leading internet group, is seeking a Data Intern to join its team in Lagos. The full-time position involves writing efficient data queries for various products, analyzing customer behavior and profitability reports, compiling data analysis reports, and presenting summary results to team members and business line leadership.
The role also involves consumer credit and indirect fair lending analysis, market size and SWOT analysis, and supporting subject matter experts in specific business analysis areas. Qualified candidates should have interest in web analytics, social listening, data analysis, data visualization, and insight development, and be a junior, senior, or recent graduate with coursework or experience in a related field.
Job Title: Data Intern
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Write efficient data queries to varied types of products and customer analysis
- Analyze and compile customer behavior and profitability analysis reports.
- Compile data analysis and reporting for Data Analysts
- Present data analysis summary results to team members and business line leadership
- Complete Consumer Credit and/or Indirect Fair Lending analysis
- Size market and complete SWOT analysis
- Supports subject matter experts in specific business analysis areas while expanding his/her knowledge base.
- Assist with gathering relevant information and ensure understanding of the project requirements.
- Breaks down complex concepts into comprehensible concepts to ensure appropriate level of communication and understanding for the project stakeholders.
- Prepares reports for senior management to provide updates on the projects’ progress, risks, results, and successes.
- HND / B.Sc in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Analytics, or any Social Science discipline
- Have interest in web analytics, social listening, data analysis, data visualization and insight development.
- Junior, senior or nontraditional student in college or recent graduate with coursework or experience in a related field
- Attention to detail, willingness to ask questions, ability to follow up and knowledge of overall media logistics.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Talent.email@example.com using “IT Intern” and location as the subject of the mail.