SPIE Oil & Gas Services, part of the SPIE Group, is seeking a Crane and Lifting Equipment Specialist H/F to join its team. The position is full-time, fixed-term, and has a contract duration of six months. The role involves ensuring crane and lifting equipment reliability and availability according to safety standards, conducting operational engineering processes, inspection, and maintenance efficiently, and providing technical authority to DW field operations.
The candidate will analyze crane maintenance activities and lifting equipment performance from a technical and economic perspective to achieve company-set objectives. The role also involves preparing preventative maintenance, inspection, and testing documents, developing specifications for new cranes and lifting equipment, coordinating planned maintenance activities, managing specialized crane maintenance vendors etc.
Job Title: Crane and Lifting Equipment Specialist H/F
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Fixed-term-contract
Contract Duration: 6 months
- cranes and lifting equipment reliability and availability according to safety standards.
- Operational engineering processes, inspection, and maintenance are efficiently carried out in strict compliance with safety policies and procedures on all lifting and marine equipment
- Crane and lifting equipment support as technical authority to the DW field operations in accordance with the Company
rules and statutory regulation.
- To analyze crane maintenance activities and lifting equipment performance from the technical and economic perspective and take action necessary to achieve company-set objectives regarding efficiency, cost optimization and savings.
- To provide Marine lifting equipment support to the Maintenance Operations Mechanical Static team when required
- To prepare all methods of support and implementation of practice documents regarding preventative maintenance, inspection, and testing to be performed on AKPO & EGINA cranes and lifting equipment based on recognized best practices and applicable regulations.
- To prepare and develop specifications for new cranes and lifting equipment based on recognized international standards.
- Coordinate planned crane maintenance activities fleet-wide in conjunction with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
- Manage specialized crane maintenance vendors’ interventions and contracts (Liebherr, Sparrow, National Oilwell Varco etc.)
within SCM frame agreements (including technical scope of work) where applicable.
- Support DW TUPNI asset installations for all related crane issues (specifically for new cranes, specification for upgrades and heavy lift works on cranes).
- Liaise with crane manufacturers when required.
- Participate in and/or lead investigations for all crane-related incidents across the fleet.
- Interface with DW INSPECTION Department for all crane-related issues.
- Supervised until completion of 5-year major overhauls in all DW installations cranes (based on Contractor/OEM and CPLO reports).
- Follow spare parts stocks with Warehouse and Procurement.
- In Charge For all cranes:
- Review/Produce Maintenance Plan as per Vendor recommendations
- Review/Correct/Create corrected BOMs in SAP, establish MRP parameters
- Ensure equipment are certified by third parties.
- To assist sites with routine troubleshooting, local emergency procurements and repair optimization to reduce equipment
- To assist the Procurement Department with technical clarifications when required.
- To coach and train junior engineers in all aspects related to the maintenance of cranes and lifting equipment
- Formal education: B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (2.1).
- Professional experience (number of years): 15 years experience with:
- Technical knowledge and experience in Offshore cranes and hydraulic power transmission and control systems
- Proven experience working with heavy machinery/equipment
- Extensive experience in maintenance, fault finding, build and procurement of equipment projects
- Team management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP) is an advantage.
- Proficiency in English language.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online