MTN Nigeria is seeking a Coordinator for Regional Safety and Human Resources in Port Harcourt, Rivers. The role involves ensuring effective risk management, identifying, implementing, monitoring, and controlling hazards, and ensuring compliance with laws and requirements. The role involves advising and supporting MTN Regional Management and Staff on audits and risk assessments, conducting regular safety, health, and environmental (SHE) surveillance, developing and reviewing SHE-specific targets, coordinating SHE audits, participating in regional incident investigations, monitoring contractors, producing weekly and quarterly performance reports, and participating in the development and review of SHE processes and procedures.
Job Title: Coordinator – Regional Safety, Human Resources
Job Identification: 3568
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager – Safety
Division: Human Resources
- To ensure the effective management of risk while identifying, implementing, monitoring, and ensuring control for mitigating hazards
- To ensure the MTNN safety systems and processes are in compliance with relevant applicable laws and requirements
- To ensure the safety of all persons, company assets, and the reputation of the company within the safety space.
- Advice and support MTN Regional Management and Staff on results from audits and risk assessments related to the following areas: work areas, operations, critical jobs, and critical tasks to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Conduct regular safety, health, and environmental (SHE) surveillance to identify hazards and actively prevent incidents.
- Develop and review SHE-specific targets for regional operations in line with the MTN SHE annual plan and evaluate contractor SHE performance for the region.
- Co-ordinate SHE Audits on MTN Facilities and BTS Sites and Partners (e.g., MTNN-approved hotels) and contractor sites to monitor compliance with approved SHE standards and/or relevant local and international legislation and co-ordinate pre-mobilization audits for clients within the area of coverage.
- Participate actively through the provision of advice and support during the regional incident investigation to establish the root cause, cascade lateral learnings, and make recommendations to minimize re-occurrence.
- Monitor MTNN contractors on SHE issues and ensure compliance with MTNN SHE policy requirements.
- Produce a weekly performance report on the regional SHE activities to support the overall SHE objectives and a quarterly regional performance report.
- Participate in the development and review of SHE processes and procedures by ensuring that documentation is done in line with the best practices and standards.
- Oversee and coordinate all activities of direct reports, and ensure all transactions and administrative documentation are recorded and available for business use.
- Ensure timely resolution of all applicable or relevant internal concerns within scope.
- A First Degree in any of the Sciences, Engineering, Arts, or Humanities
- An MSc or MBA in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 3–7 years of relevant experience in SHE management and coordination
- Membership in the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) or any other recognized HSE organization
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in Professional Safety, Health, and Environment Functions, with good exposure to and level of experience in HSE
- Proficient in MS Office applications and other Microsoft tools
- Ability to use and understand SHE software tools and applications and apply them to work.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online