Apply for Company Secretary Recruitment at Hermes Oil Services Limited today. Hermes Oil, a subsidiary of Gasland Nigeria Limited, is seeking a Company Secretary to join their Ibadan, Oyo location. The role involves overseeing the company’s operations, ensuring compliance with financial and legal requirements, and maintaining high corporate governance standards. The role involves monitoring stock levels, reporting to the MD, preparing agendas for board meetings, and providing legal advice. The candidate will also maintain statutory books, handle correspondence, and communicate decisions to stakeholders. They will also work with external regulators and advisers, implement processes for good management, manage contractual agreements, and drive PR activities related to financial management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced Company Secretary who would be the manager’s and company executive’s right hand. As Company Secretary, you will be instrumental in helping the office run smoothly, provide support to managers, senior-level executives, and departments. You’ll need to ensure that our company complies with financial and legal requirements and maintains high standards of corporate governance. You also need to have a thorough understanding of the laws that affect your areas of work so that you are equipped to provide appropriate legal advice whenever needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor stock levels and escalate to the plant supervisor or manager if there is need for replenishment.
- Report to the MD and often liaise with the management team.
- Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees, and annual general meetings (AGMs) and follow up on action points.
- Convene and service AGMs, take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with appropriate departments.
- Provide legal, financial, and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings.
- Ensure policies, regulatory, or statutory changes that might affect the organization are up to date and approved by the committee.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries.
- Handle correspondence, collate information, write reports and communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers such as lawyers and auditors.
- Implement processes or systems to ensure good management of the organization.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Take an active role and provide valuable input to the management decisions related to sharing issues, mergers, and takeovers.
- Manage contractual agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Manage the office space and deal with personnel administration and company/staff insurance policies.
- Drive PR activities related to aspects of financial management.
- Although this area of work is open to all graduates, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Law would be preferred.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ proven experience as a company secretary.
- Strong administrative skills and an aptitude for using IT software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent organization and time management.
- An ability to take initiative.
- A flexible and practical approach to work.
- Discretion when handling confidential information.
- Maintain a diplomatic approach towards issues.
- Confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members.
Salary is really attractive.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV / Resume to: email@example.com using the job title – location, e.g. “Company Secretary – Ibadan” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates that reside in this location will be considered.