Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, is seeking a Cluster Compliance Officer to fill a full-time position in Abuja. The role involves ensuring the integrity of transactions and GL accounts in branches, implementing AML/CFT Laws, and providing guidance on new account openings. The candidate will also monitor developments and provide on-going compliance support. Interested candidates can apply online.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cluster Compliance Officer
Job Identification: 396
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Schedule: Full time
- Read and understand all the processes in the Compliance Department and apply same to allocated tasks within the Cluster;
- Enforce Risk based AML/CFT Manual and other Compliance Internal Policies;
- Implement AML/CFT Laws, other applicable Laws, CBN AML/CFT Regulations and International Best Practice documents;
- Reinforce compliance publications, directives, guidelines to ensure a robust compliance culture;
- Provide guidance on New Guide to Account opening with respect to client’s on-boarding, KYC/customer due diligence (CDD), compliance counseling, advisory and decision support services to front office staff in relation to AML/CFT and compliance related issues;
- Monitor and report developments, general awareness on topical and relevant issues that could result in reputational risks to the Bank;
- Provide on-going compliance support wherever required;
- Check and ensure all regulatory displays in branches are accurate and current;
- Develop open relationship with Law Enforcement Agencies and regulatory Authorities;
- Maintain a repository of all accounts instructed to be placed on PND or FREEZE by the Regulatory or LEAs within the Cluster;
- Maintain and regularly update list of accounts in the branch watchlist;
- Collate and record all Cluster compliance regulatory visit/communication in the compliance log in the proper format after each meeting;
- Ensure integrity of the transactions and GL accounts in the branches through daily review of the branches’ GL balance reports and other relevant adhoc and standard reports.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required for the branches
- Institute and enforce aggressive revenue assurance and cost reduction strategies/tactics for branches/products under purview to ensure zero% income leakages.
- Ensure follow up on unresolved exceptions in Inspection report and sign off the Audit Verification Certificate.
- Ensure daily review of TJ & GL of all branches.
- Ensure that Operators carry out first level Call Over of transactions effectively.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk within the Cluster and escalate promptly to the Area Compliance Officers;
- Implement corrective action plans for resolution of observed compliance gaps;
- Ensure that accounts placed on PND by reason of incomplete documentation are not indiscriminately lifted unless such documentation deficiencies have been regularized;
- Drive KYC in every customer’s account and take necessary steps to improve status of documentation on old and existing accounts;
- Follow-up and ensure timely resolution of audit exceptions raised by the Regulators, Internal Audit and ARR Team that relate to the branches within the Cluster;
- Monitor, investigate and close allocated transactions on SWIFT SANCTION Screening as it relates to the Cluster and escalate concerns to the Cluster Head;
- Monitor, investigate and close allocated transactions on SIRONAML Analysis for the Cluster and escalate challenge (if any) to the Cluster Head;
- Review accounts to ensure that all PEPs accounts in the Cluster are properly documented, have Senior Management’s approval, customer risk assessment Form and account properly coded on the core banking application (CBA);
- Ensure review of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Foreign Transactions Reports (FTRs) on a daily basis to identify and report suspicious transactions resulting from transaction monitoring
- Follow up on branches to ensure resolution of exceptions identified in the weekly currency transactions reports (CTRs);
- Liaise with branches to ensure that exceptions on the SMARTSCREEN Application are resolved immediately to aid data integrity of reporting;
- Organise and participate in the knowledge sharing sessions (KSS) on AML/CFT compliance and other scheduled training
- Ensure timely review of all transactions flagged by the Head Office Funds Transfer Team and those received through ACL alerts, take appropriate action for purpose of filing suspicious transactions reports to the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU);
- Ensure prompt response to all regulatory and LEAs enquiries from the central compliance office;
- Investigate and report unusual/suspicious transactions to the Head, AML/CFT for the attention of the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO);
- Generate follow up memos to Branch management on exceptions raised from the Branch’s daily activities review.
- Review of GL proofs on monthly basis.
- Carry out fixed assets verification exercise/stock count of goods under hypothecation as directed by Control Monitoring Unit in line with Compliance plan review chart.
- Review the operations, security and general environment of the Branches
- Ensure follow up with Regulatory and other Statutory Examiners’ Reports involving the branches.
- Conducts spot check, special investigation/enquiries as may be assigned from time to time
- Ensure that open items in the branches’ GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded therein. Any major deviation from the standard must be escalated following the appropriate procedures.
- Daily review of all system generated exception reports/alerts
- Seriality review for all number forms (E.g MC, Deal Slip, Form “M”, “A” etc to ensure completeness, orderly use of form, and proper posting during onsite review).
- Outward and inward clearing review.
- Review of ATM reconciliation.
- Conduct sweep and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Conduct due diligence on vendors verification from time to time as requested by EBS in rating bank’s vendors.
- At the behest of Legal Unit, attend court sessions on fraud cases.
- Detailed independent validation of RCSA.
- Organize and coordinate all compliance training activities within the clusters.
- Monitoring of Offsite ATM in line with regulation.
- Carry out periodic review of accounts with zero balance.
- Review of Bonds & Guarantees running on the bank’s database.
- Review of accounts without SMS/email alerts
- Review of accounts without BVN.
- Expenses review to identify major expense drivers and spot abnormal expenses posted into the branch database.
- Prepare Weekly Compliance Activity Reports on job function areas and send to the Area Compliance Officer;
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned from the central office from time to time.
- A Good University Degree with a minimum of 2:2
- Possession of an advanced degree or professional certificate will be considered an advantage
- Certification in Anti Money Laundering / Terrorism Financing is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in branch operations or Compliance of a commercial Bank and/or Audit Firm / Operations
- Banking Principles
- Exposure to process re-engineering
- Interpersonal skill
- Analytical/problem solving skill
- Computer appreciation (word- processing/Spreadsheet/PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Independent minded
- Investigative skills
- Report writing/Fraud Investigation skill
- Interpretation of Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (as amended), Terrorism (Prevention) Act, 2011 (as amended), CBN AML/CFT Regulation 2013 & other International Best Practices documents
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, audit, products & customer segmentation
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Fraud and operational risk knowledge
- Good understanding/interpretation of CBN Guidelines, policies and AML/CFT Laws
Personalities and attributes:
- Paying attention to details
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Goal driven and result oriented
- Lean towards solution providing
- Effective Communication
- Integrity, trustworthiness and innovative
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online