Apply for Automation Electrician Recruitment at Lafarge Africa Plc today. Lafarge Africa Plc is seeking an Automation Electrician to perform auto electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing heavy equipment such as Crawler/Excavator, Wheel loader, Telehandler, and Mobile Trucks. The role involves understanding and complying with HSE policies, supporting key safety initiatives, and ensuring safe working conditions. The Automation Electrician will also repair and overhaul electrical systems in automobiles within quality and time guidelines set by dealerships and factories. The job involves diagnosing electrical issues, reading and interpreting electrical diagrams, and performing routine preventive maintenance on mobile plant electrical systems. The candidate will also be responsible for estimating repair costs, repairing or replacing defective wiring, and adjusting ignition timing. The application closing date is not specified, and interested candidates can apply online.
Job Title: Automation Electrician
Job Identification: 2505
Location: Ewekoro Plant, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- To perform auto electrical maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of the heavy equipment such as Crawler/Excavator, Wheel loader, Telehandler, Mobile Trucks,etc.
- Repairs and overhauls electrical systems in automobiles within quality and time guidelines set by dealership and factory.
- Understand and comply with HSE policies to assume that HSE are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiative at the plant and assist the department as needed to improve HSE performance and results
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures safe working conditions and good safe practices are applied at work.
- Perform routine preventive and predictive maintenance on all mobile plant electrical system.
- Rebuild and troubleshoot electrical systems on mobile equipment.
- Diagnose electrical issues and propose a course of action.
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams to troubleshoot and provide lasting solutions on mobile plant.
- Repair and replace faulty wires and components of electrical systems and maintaining a clean working. Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with OEM.
- Confers with OEM, if necessary, to determine the nature of any electrical malfunctions.
- Determines malfunction of electrical system by visual inspection and use of testing devices such as oscilloscope, voltmeter and ammeter.
- Estimates the cost of repairs based on parts
- Repairs or replaces defective wiring.
- Adjusts ignition timing and measures and adjusts distributor breaker-point gaps.
- Tests and repairs starters, generators and distributors.
- Rebuilds electrical units, such as starters, generators and door controls.
- Drives mobile equipment to test the quality of work performed.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Attends manufacturer-sponsored product training as requested.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Mobile Plant Manager
- Quarry Manager
- MPD Planner
- Workshop Supervisor
- Mining Engineer
- Quarry Supervisor
- Plant Mechanic
- Effective and efficient running of quarry operations to achieve the set objectives of the plant in terms of raw material, output and cost.
- Support proximity: support by CTC
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online