Apply for Associate – Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) Recruitment at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria today. PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria is seeking an Associate in Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) to join their team in Lagos. The role involves assisting clients in navigating complex transactions and events, advising on financial reporting, valuation, and tax issues, and providing advice for capital raising events. The role also involves advising clients on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring, and bankruptcy. The CMAAS practice focuses on areas such as capital markets, acquisitions, alliances, divestitures, crises, restructurings, and deal strategy. The company is committed to adapting to the rapidly changing world and combining skills and experience to help clients address their challenges.
Job Title: Associate – Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS)
Job ID: 483589WD
Employment Type: Full time
Job Description & Summary
- Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential.
What will you do if you work in CMAAS at PwC?
- You’ll ask questions and test assumptions.
- You’ll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on.
- You’ll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards.
- You’ll serve the public interest and the capital markets by providing quality assurance and advisory services.
- The world is quickly changing, that’s why PwC is quickly adapting.
- We’re capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
- We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities
- As a member of the Capital Markets practice within CMAAS, you will help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment.
- PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world’s most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues.
- We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements.
- For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
- Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize.
- As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
- PwC’s CMAAS practice advises our clients in moments of exceptional change around deals and accounting change helping them shape strategy and transformation.
- We advise our clients across the deal spectrum to capture value.
- CMAAS employs a team based structure to tackle clients’ needs with a solution oriented approach to creatively address complex financial reporting problems.
- We work on high profile transactions with significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors.
- We have a coaching environment with both formal and informal systems in place as well as continuous on the job training to ensure industry leading personal and professional development.
Our main areas of focus within the capital markets team include:
- Capital markets such as IPOs, spins, debt raisings and capital structure advice;
- Alliances such as enter/exit JVs, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, etc.;
- Crisis, restructurings and restatements; and,
- Deal strategy and readiness including navigating fundraising and M&A options.
- Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
- Certification(s) Required: Passed either ACA or AACA Exam or the equivalent accounting or finance certification exam in the selected individual’s home country.
- Participate as an individual contributor and a team member with senior CMAAS practitioners & other professionals (e.g. bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex financial reporting and regulatory matters related to deals & other transformational events on a daily basis in areas of focus listed above.
- This includes demonstrating an extensive knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in the following areas.
- Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies & private equity firms on a broad range of financial reporting, & capital markets topics including:
- IPOs, debt offerings, private placements;
- Carve-outs and/or spin-offs; and
- Acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal matters.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online