Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc is seeking a staff to oversee bulk wheat receipt, storage, and transfer to the mills in Apapa, Lagos. The role involves overseeing wheat transfer, coordinating loading, maintaining quality controls, and ensuring inventory storage. The candidate must have an excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, interpersonal relations, problem-solving, and multitasking skills. The closing date for applications is not specified, and interested candidates can apply online. The company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, is a popular choice among Nigerian bakers, confectioneries, and consumers.
Job Title: Assistant Shift Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
⋙ SEE OTHER JOBS AT FLOUR MILLS
- To ensure bulk wheat receipt from vessels to appropriate storage facility and transfer appropriate wheat type and quantity to the mills.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the overseeing of wheat transfer from silos to the mills to meet production requirements.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the coordination of reception of wheat/SBM from vessel/trucks.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the coordination of loading of pellet/SBM from silos to vessel.
- Assist the Shift Manager to ensure periodic quality controls and checks of stock including testing, and fumigation.
- Assist the Shift Manager to ensure inventory is stored appropriately to ensure safety and quality standards.
- Assist the Shift Manager to ensure all records in the areas of safety, logistics, human resources, inventory etc. are maintained in an orderly and logistical manner.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the organization of resourcing levels and rosters (i.e., casuals) to adequately meet delivery schedules.
- Assist the Shift Manager in the preparation of monthly operational reports to communicate performance metrics including grain inventory, supply, and movement.
- Perform other projects or ad-hoc duties as directed.
- First Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar capacity.
The Person Must:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good supervisory skills and interpersonal relations abilities.
- Strong problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office suites or related software.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online