Save the Children is seeking a Community Health Mobilization Assistant to support community health volunteers in implementing health interventions through a Social and Behavior Change approach. The position is full-time, full-time, and requires a 5th grade education. The role involves ensuring quality delivery of health interventions, coordinating with community structures, and ensuring compliance with SCI processes and standards. Key responsibilities include conducting community entering activities, identifying community health volunteers, supporting Mother-to-Mother and Father support groups, and coordinating with other agencies. The position also involves developing monthly action plans, engaging community members, identifying special needs, and coordinating with relevant actors.
Job Title: Community Health Mobilization Assistant
Job Identification: 3819
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Schedule: Full Time
Job Category: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Reports to: Nurse/Midwive
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- Provide support to Community health Volunteer in different Projects’ Communities in implementing health interventions through Social and Behavior Change approach.
- The Community Health Mobilization Assistant will also work with the Community structures – community and religious leaders, women and men groups, bought group and WDC in ensuring quality delivery of health interventions in the Project locations.
- The role will oversee the day-to-day activity of community health volunteers ensuring compliance with SCI processes and standards while working toward reaching project targets.
Key Areas of Accountability
- With technical support from senior project team members, conduct community entering activities and participate in the sensitization of the community and religious leaders on the project objectives and expectations.
- Work closely with the community leader and WGC to identify community health volunteer adhering strictly to set criteria.
- Support the establishment/strengthening of Mother-to-Mother Support Group (MtM – SG), Father to Father support group (FtF – SG) and deliver required technical support based on CHIPS manual.
- Coordinate the selection of lead mother and father and oversee the day-to-day activities of the support groups.
- Support community efforts to find solution priority health issues.
- Support community level assessments and surveys
- Keep track of other assessments conducted by different agencies, government in communities.
- Provide technical support to strengthen Ward development committee and carry out biannual meeting together with project technical team.
- Organize and facilitate trainings for community health volunteer on PLAC and disease surveillance.
- Provide regular technical supervision visit and on job coaching support to CHV in conducting SG sessions, reporting of SG group activities etc.
- Develop SG implementation work plan per LGA.
- Developed LGA budget planning reviewed work plan on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Support the CHV to develop monthly action plan for responsible CHV agents in reference to agreed work plan.
- Engage community members and structures including IDP Committee, women’s association, youth and children to design participatory strategies and actions to prevent &respond priority health condition.
- Identify special needs of the women and liaise with the Protection Officer to meet these needs.
- Identify gaps / challenges in service delivery and coordinate with relevant actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and accessible to vulnerable women.
- Maintain records of activities and produce regular t including weekly updates or Situational Reports
- Conduct an incidence trends analysis each quarter for purposes of learning, future programing, and advocacy.
- Work closely with CHV to ensure early identification and referral to health facility.
- In collaboration with CHV increase surveillance of infectious disease and reporting
- Support quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
- Promote increasing awareness of appropriate health behavior in project communities by ensuring behavior change materials are visible in supported communities and health facilities.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from programmed implementation.
- Provide maternal and childcare/feeding key messages to beneficiaries.
- Ensure all Community Health Volunteers are familiar with their posts.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Provide on-the-job guidance to CHV working on the field.
- Degree in Nursing, Nutrition, Public Health or any related fields
Behaviours (Our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2023 (08:23 AM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online